Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatting about Chad

I'm sure there is a fan club out there who were once afflicted with DeGooy mania. I'm not saying that can happen to us. And that club was once inculcated by one Eddie McGooy. So the situations are not at all equal. Nonetheless, it's perhaps wise not to get too carried away with any one player. At least let them get through a 4 or 5 years and build up a solid case for worshiphood.

Suspended by the MRP
    This thread isnt necessary . I have apologised how many times now for my language about James rowbottom and i have tried to improve it . I did that because enough of you told me i was crossing the line to know that maybe i was in the wrong , i have enough respect for you lot as swans faithful despite our difference of opinions .

In return i would like it to at least be acknowledged my comments on Chad and RB were genuine . I was called a hater and a heretic and god knows what else for it even after i said multiple times i do NOT hate Rowbottom . My sister and her kids met him a few yrs ago , they are only little ones . She said him and Aliir were standouts , top blokes and great with the kids .Posters on here have said similar. Why would i hate him ? I had an opinion of him and Chad that was not popular and maybe because of that and my language it did not get taken seriously . Seasons over , we've argued over it til we are blue in the face and had time to look back on it . I would appreciate some acknowledgment that my opinions had merit to them and i was not just talking crap . I get a lot wrong , like Wicks, Blakey , but on this one i was pretty spot on and in future i will try to deliver my calls better .

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I fixed that for you😀
    And just because you coin the name Chadmania doesn’t make it an actual thing. By the way I don’t see how you and your guru have been silenced as it appears that the same contentious and confrontational viewpoint which infiltrated almost every post during the season now appears destined to do the same during the off season
    I also think you will find that most on here are Swans supporters not simply supporters of individual players.
    Chadmania is alive and thriving. Chad is preparing quietly for a huge season ahead.

Fitter, faster, stronger and more confident in his skills, look out for 2022.

Seems like a great bloke young Chad and ready to start becoming a factor in the competition.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Chadmania is alive and thriving. Chad is preparing quietly for a huge season ahead.

Fitter, faster, stronger and more confident in his skills, look out for 2022.

Seems like a great bloke young Chad and ready to start becoming a factor in the competition.
    Well I do hope he delivers on your expectations however I think that the coaching staff are probably going to be a little more restrained and realistic with theirs given that he is only 20 years old.
    As Ludwig quite rightly said let’s give him a few years to develop and build his case for some fan adulation.
    I seem to recall when he was drafted plenty of posters were excited about his potential so it’s not simply a case of only 1 or 2 being onboard right from the start.
    Personally I have high hopes that every player we draft is a potential superstar until it becomes apparent that I am going to have to reevaluate and recalibrate my expectations 😀

It's funny that sometimes we all get sucked into rating potential over actual ability & performances. There was a excellent article written a few weeks back ( appeared on here as well ) about how many seasoned players 23-27 years of age are available that are actually far better value than some young draftee's who have "enormous potential " Not pointing out Chad here by any means ( he will make it no doubt ) but holding on to "potential " and even resigning hoping the player we hope will emerge thereby ignoring a experienced player that we know what we are getting , is fraught with danger.An example for us would be holding on to a Rohan or a Towers even Rose but having better luck with a cheaper proven player like Mitch Morton.

Veterans List
    I think we all agree that TheBloods predictions on Warner have been spot on....he is a potential gun. On the other bone of contention, Rowbottom, I think it's fair to say that we hope TB's predictions on him are wrong and that he also becomes the gun most of us think he will....if only to have two guns to help us win our next flag.....as opposed to being able to say 'We told you so'.....but I might do that too.

Time will tell....

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I think we all agree that TheBloods predictions on Warner have been spot on....he is a potential gun. On the other bone of contention, Rowbottom, I think it's fair to say that we hope TB's predictions on him are wrong and that he also becomes the gun most of us think he will....if only to have two guns to help us win our next flag.....as opposed to being able to say 'We told you so'.....but I might do that too.

Time will tell....
    I would not say i told you so because its not like i made a clever prediction , its an obvious one . Its not even just me , i have read 3 articles in the last month saying he should be a tagger . Unless those neutrals have it out for him too then the writing is on the wall and putting bigger expectations on him than what his ability is will only lead to disappointment for you lot and for James himself .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    I would not say i told you so because its not like i made a clever prediction , its an obvious one . Its not even just me , i have read 3 articles in the last month saying he should be a tagger . Unless those neutrals have it out for him too then the writing is on the wall and putting bigger expectations on him than what his ability is will only lead to disappointment for you lot and for James himself .
    Links to the articles? I'd like to read the opinions of the host who are in your corner.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Let’s just indulge this for a minute.

First, Brett Kirk says hello.

Second, even the best midfielders have strong defensive instincts. When the opposition is on a roll, would you rather have the Bulldogs midfield who let their opponents run amok in the GF or dare I say it, the Chad who gave up two of the softest goals imaginable from stoppages in the GWS final. Or would you rather have the Rowbottom effort to scrap and claw and batter us back into contention in the same final. I seem to remember even you acknowledging it on the day.

Now, for what it’s worth I think Chad’s a great young player who was under cooked, unaccustomed to finals and will learn a hard lesson. He’ll be sweet long term.

But let’s not pretend a bloke occasionally prepared to stop the opposition in the contest when it’s needed has no value. I reckon every AFL coach would think otherwise.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Let’s just indulge this for a minute.

First, Brett Kirk says hello.

Second, even the best midfielders have strong defensive instincts. When the opposition is on a roll, would you rather have the Bulldogs midfield who let their opponents run amok in the GF or dare I say it, the Chad who gave up two of the softest goals imaginable from stoppages in the GWS final. Or would you rather have the Rowbottom effort to scrap and claw and batter us back into contention in the same final. I seem to remember even you acknowledging it on the day.

Now, for what it’s worth I think Chad’s a great young player who was under cooked, unaccustomed to finals and will learn a hard lesson. He’ll be sweet long term.

But let’s not pretend a bloke occasionally prepared to stop the opposition in the contest when it’s needed has no value. I reckon every AFL coach would think otherwise.
    They werent saying occasionally , and they werent saying defensive . They were saying he should be a stopper . that is very different to a defensive mid. Parker , Joey, ROK are outstanding defensively , they werent stoppers though . That is for players who sorry to say dont have much else to offer a midfield.

They werent saying occasionally , and they werent saying defensive . They were saying he should be a stopper . that is very different to a defensive mid. Parker , Joey, ROK are outstanding defensively , they werent stoppers though . That is for players who sorry to say dont have much else to offer a midfield
    I used to like Cameron Ling as a defensive midfielder. Ling and Goodes had some outstanding battles.

Maybe Rowbottom can emulate Ling. When fit he’s strong, powerful, tackles well and hits in hard.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I used to like Cameron Ling as a defensive midfielder. Ling and Goodes had some outstanding battles.

Maybe Rowbottom can emulate Ling. When fit he’s strong, powerful, tackles well and hits in hard.
    Its his best bet at making it . He has a fantastic tackling technique , grabs the arms of the player and pins it in . Means the ball is knocked out instead of having to drag him down with brute strength . (Not saying hes not strong ) Even so it will be tough for him , coaches might want a tagger but not if it comes at the expense of midfield minutes for Parker Mills Heeney Chad Gulden Florent Campbell Jmac etc . Hearing that we are drafting a mid now so could be another one who goes past him . Like i said he was mad for re-signing with us for so long , but its done now . Hes a loyal lad , hope he makes it somehow .

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast