Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Great training summary.

Sad to see Rowbottom not able to fully participate.

Rowbottom came in for some astute criticism on Red and White in 2021 and was defended quite emotionally by the majority of posters.

Rowbottom supporters cited injury concerns as to why 2021 was a down year.

If Rowbottom has another injury interrupted year then his backers on Red and White may start to lose some belief in him.

Rowbottom really needs to be “crushing it” now.
    I know it's been quiet on here of late, but do you really need to be dredging this crap up again? Huge assumption based on what SeanM posted.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Where did you see Rowbottom injured?
    He did not play between rounds 1 & 6. Missed 4 games. He had a delayed start to the season due to surgery in the off season. He hyperextend his knee in Round 1 against Lions. He was lucky not to be out for the season with an ACL. He stretched his PCL and had bruising and pain I am led to believe. So he did have a significant injury which did impact his season.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Plus the coaches said he’d been playing injured.

But anyway, re him or the other absentees, I wouldn’t be too worried just yet. It’s as likely they’re off as a confirmed case or close contact right now.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Yeah I would not jump to conclusions over one missed training session. They could still be interstate or spending time with family.

The turnout was actually better than I expected.

Great training summary.

Rowbottom came in for some astute criticism on Red and White in 2021 and was defended quite emotionally by the majority of posters.

If Rowbottom has another injury interrupted year then his backers on Red and White may start to lose some belief in him.

Will you stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Plus the coaches said he’d been playing injured.

But anyway, re him or the other absentees, I wouldn’t be too worried just yet. It’s as likely they’re off as a confirmed case or close contact right now.
    What Red and White and people in the AFL community want is better information in regards to player injuries and absentees.

Have a look at an NFL injury report:

Philadelphia Eagles Injury Report

It contains the status of injured players all through the week and game day.

What the Red and White community wants is the status of each player in the sort of detail given in the above example.

If this information was provided, I wouldn’t need to speculate.

What Red and White and people in the AFL community want is better information in regards to player injuries and absentees.

What the Red and White community wants is the status of each player in the sort of detail given in the above example.

Nobody needs a daily report unless they are stalking lol. A weekly update in written form would be good. Soundbites do not provide enough information. In fact half the time only a few players are mentioned. I would like a comprehensive list too. With the type of injury, number of weeks expected on sidelines and current status. That would surfice.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I may have missed them but I don't think I saw Papley, Rankin, Rowbottom, Naismith, Hickey, Ladhams, Sinclair, McDonald, P.McCartin, Sheather or Mills.
    Good write-up Sean. I agree those players were missing. I wondered if Amartey or McLean might have spiked the parmies at the rucks' new year reunion.

There was a fair bit of fumbling going on - not sure if that was due to the dewy conditions or the players' rustiness or both.

Earlier on, in the more warm-up phase, they were playing some fun, competitive games. One of these involved facing off in pairs and moving side to side with one player having to mirror the other player. In some of these pairings (e.g. Heeney and Clarke) the first player was trying to surprise and catch out the copying player by moving unexpectedly and feinting certain movements etc. Another agility drill involved the players being divided into small groups and having to race around a configuration of small cones, competing with representatives from the other small groups in parallel. I noticed during this drill that Will Gould looks the trimmest I've seen him. He seems to be doing what he can to answer the demands being made of him by the club.
    Last edited by bloodspirit; 11th January 2022 at 09:01 AM.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Interesting. Certainly we do wish for more information. However, even in that link I notice that some players "Game Status" is not listed - in fact that's the case for most of those Eagles players with two "questionable", one "out" and the rest not listed.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

thanks guys

always lovely to hear updates on training etc
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Great training summary.

Old news.

Senior Player
    I don't really know if I can do another RWO season of Rowbottom bashing.
    It became extremely tiresome and unpleasant.
    We'll see.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast