Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

Saw Dane Rampe with his surf board at Bondi Beach this morning.

Looks fit and is moving well.

Disappointedly he walked up the grassy knoll on the south side with his surfboard and jumped the picket fence. The hill had a gradient of 40 degrees.

He could have followed the path way 25 metres and not needed to jump the fence to get to Campbell Parade.

I guess he loves jumping fences and 2017 doesn’t worry him.

Great bloke but should make better decisions around fencing.

I think there need to be an inquiry.

Veterans List
    Thanks to everyone that posts about training sessions, much appreciated by us interstate RWO'ers.

If I was in Sydney, I'd definitely make the effort to go and watch. I was in Sydney for a conference in 1994, went along to watch training on the SCG. I was the only non club person there, the players looked at me with curiosity as they jogged past. Don't think they saw fans at training sessions in those dark days LOL

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Saw Dane Rampe with his surf board at Bondi Beach this morning.

Looks fit and is moving well.

Disappointedly he walked up the grassy knoll on the south side with his surfboard and jumped the picket fence. The hill had a gradient of 40 degrees.

He could have followed the path way 25 metres and not needed to jump the fence to get to Campbell Parade.

I guess he loves jumping fences and 2017 doesn’t worry him.

Great bloke but should make better decisions around fencing.

I think there need to be an inquiry.
    Now you're just taking the mickey.....I hope.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Thanks to everyone that posts about training sessions, much appreciated by us interstate RWO'ers.

If I was in Sydney, I'd definitely make the effort to go and watch. I was in Sydney for a conference in 1994, went along to watch training on the SCG. I was the only non club person there, the players looked at me with curiosity as they jogged past. Don't think they saw fans at training sessions in those dark days LOL
    They probably thought you were a spy from Collingwood!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Now you're just taking the mickey.....I hope.
    I’m serious. He climbed over a picket fence with his surfboard in hand.

This is not mitigating risk.

Veterans List

But he didn't jump it then. You must be a journo that embellishes stories somewhat.

Disappointedly he walked up the grassy knoll on the south side with his surfboard and jumped the picket fence.
    What was he disappointed about? Did you ask him?

Veterans List

Our players need to learn not to jump over fences, chains, drains etc!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    But he didn't jump it then. You must be a journo that embellishes stories somewhat.
    I never said he jumped the picket fence. He walked 10m up a steep hill (gradient 40 degrees) and climed over the picket fence.

There had been rain about this morning. Slipping whilst walking up a steep hill could lead to a nasty Achilles or Calf injury.

He could have quite easily followed the concrete walking path to the left for about 25m and got up to Campbell parade a lot safer.

I don’t appreciate your tone towards me for stating the truth and expressing an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    What was he disappointed about? Did you ask him?
    He was a picture of happiness and why not. Just been for a surf, captain of the sexiest football team in town and living in Bondi.

As a fan, I was worried that he is talking risky walking angles and not simply following the safest path to Campbell Parade.

I mention this because he he has a history of injuring himself whilst trying to climb over a fence.

Maybe we should just bring him out for game day and wrap him up again afterward and stop him surfing just in case of sharks or a nose dive into a sand bank and make sure he drives home on the quietest traffic streets

He was a picture of happiness and why not. Just been for a surf, captain of the sexiest football team in town and living in Bondi.

As a fan, I was worried that he is talking risky walking angles and not simply following the safest path to Campbell Parade.

I mention this because he he has a history of injuring himself whilst trying to climb over a fence.
    Would have thought surfing was more dangerous than walking.

I get where you're coming from, but you can suffer a serious injury doing not much at all or avoid injury altogether doing risky things. Eg, he could step on glass walking the safest route back.

Ramps btw doesn't have a history of injuries related to risk-taking. It happened once.

Nonetheless, it's good to hear Ramps is out having a paddle.