Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If they have another 4 quarter hitout tomorrow then they are super fit.
    I watched 3 quarters of about 20 minutes time with full oval and proper umpiring.
    Impressive morning from 9am on a hot day. Maybe they bought it forward.
    Thanks Mountain Man. Anything more to report?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Yes I watched today as I was in Sydney last night. I did get distracted - partly by LRT who was watching with his father and by a young lady who wanted to know what was going on. As an 80 year old, that was indeed a welcome distraction and I barely picked up anything.

1. Stephens was has reversed any 'hesitancy' of last year and was throwing himself about with effective abandon.

2. Gould was 'guarding space' rather than filling a lockdown defensive role. Of course the Coach instructions were totally unknown, but that role went against what I and others are hoping for him in 2022.

3. Bell is a ferocious tackler and seemed to be in lots of contests - didn't always stick marks that he perhaps should have taken but definitely a player with different skills to others.

4. Haywood was 'up the ground' quite a lot.

But really my report is based on fleeting impressions, but it was not gentle on the oval and a very solid session.

Yes I watched today as I was in Sydney last night. I did get distracted - partly by LRT who was watching with his father and by a young lady who wanted to know what was going on. As an 80 year old, that was indeed a welcome distraction and I barely picked up anything.

1. Stephens was has reversed any 'hesitancy' of last year and was throwing himself about with effective abandon.

2. Gould was 'guarding space' rather than filling a lockdown defensive role. Of course the Coach instructions were totally unknown, but that role went against what I and others are hoping for him in 2022.

3. Bell is a ferocious tackler and seemed to be in lots of contests - didn't always stick marks that he perhaps should have taken but definitely a player with different skills to others.

4. Haywood was 'up the ground' quite a lot.

But really my report is based on fleeting impressions, but it was not gentle on the oval and a very solid session.
    Thanks MM - any snippets are always appreciated - even if your observations were undoubtedly reduced by the presence of Red and White royalty, and a young lady as well

Great to hear Stephens getting stuck in. For some players it just takes time to find that confidence to go flat chat at the top level - both in their bodies ability to handle it, and in the confidence of their own skills.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veteran Site Admin
    If they have another 4 quarter hitout tomorrow then they are super fit.
    I watched 3 quarters of about 20 minutes time with full oval and proper umpiring.
    Impressive morning from 9am on a hot day. Maybe they bought it forward.
    My guess is that that was it. In the Cox video recently uploaded onto the Swans' site, he describes today's hitout as "the last intraclub". That's a shame as I was planning on wandering down tomorrow, alarm clock permitting. Guess I'll have to find something else to do instead.

Bugger
    Had the day planned also to watch the lads run out a 4qtr intra

Oh well, looks like a pretty good day for a long hike.

Me too. If anyone knows for sure whether it's on or not, please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Me too. If anyone knows for sure whether it's on or not, please advise.
    I can confirm. I just did a drive by and there were a handful of VFL players plus Melican and Amartey training in the humid conditions. No match happening.

Veteran Site Admin
    From the photo gallery of yesterday's session, Florent appears to be over his ankle injury and back in the thick of things.

Veterans List

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Episodes 6 and 7 are from two years ago. The Episode 5 you've linked to is current material - as published a couple of days ago on the Swans' website.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Episodes 6 and 7 are from two years ago. The Episode 5 you've linked to is current material - as published a couple of days ago on the Swans' website.
    Oops! I should have checked the dates! It did seem a bit too efficient for the Swans Media team.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Oops! I should have checked the dates! It did seem a bit too efficient for the Swans Media team.
    Aliir sort of gave it away

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk