Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

Veterans List
    The Swans website has this series up again, 'Inside Sydney'....and on youtube. Here's the first instalment:

Inside Sydney 2022 - Episode 1 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Gould looks lean, Florent and Stephens look like units - can't believe how much Dyl had bulked up! Wonder if he will play a big role inside this year?
    Sheather looks like a beast

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Sheather looks like a beast

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    He was a beast as an 18yo playing against men in Sydney footy. I'm backing him to break in to the 22 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    He was a beast as an 18yo playing against men in Sydney footy. I'm backing him to break in to the 22 this year.
    At whose expense?

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    At whose expense?
    Whoever gets injured or drops form?
    I didn't mean he'll be in our best 22 (although he could be) but I think he'll be in the 30-32 players to get games in 2022.

Suspended by the MRP
    i had Sheather playing a lot of senior footy in 22 , not sure now , reckon Sheldrick will sneak in . Could still be both

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    i had Sheather playing a lot of senior footy in 22 , not sure now , reckon Sheldrick will sneak in . Could still be both
    I'm curious about Sheldrick. He looks ready to go except perhaps not having an AFL level tank. I wonder if they might hold him back until he builds his tank more since he is likely to play a midfield role. Also he may need to learn our systems etc. Because of his greater versatility and stronger running ability I reckon Roberts may debut sooner than Sheldrick despite Sheldrick looking stronger and readier to fight for possession against AFL players.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    Parker and Hayward were in the back group doing the 2k trial , wonder why

Stephens Sheather look great . Even Gould , Fox won his trial , poor Rankin kid was knackered at the end of his , welcome to the big time son

Parker and Hayward were in the back group doing the 2k trial , wonder why

Stephens Sheather look great . Even Gould , Fox won his trial , poor Rankin kid was knackered at the end of his , welcome to the big time son
    Sounds like Parker and Hayward aren't taking their careers seriously, and should be delisted at the earliest opportunity

Back on a serious note, good to hear some of the younger brigade doing well. A big year in 22 for Stephens and Gould for mine - good to hear them starting it on the right foot.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Sounds like Parker and Hayward aren't taking their careers seriously, and should be delisted at the earliest opportunity

Back on a serious note, good to hear some of the younger brigade doing well. A big year in 22 for Stephens and Gould for mine - good to hear them starting it on the right foot.
    You cant help yourself

You cant help yourself
    Only because the bites keep coming

No doubt we will have further moments of absurdity to come over the long pre-season ahead.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    A big year in 22 for Stephens and Gould for mine - good to hear them starting it on the right foot.
    I agree. They're both serious about their careers and would be disappointed at where they ended 2021. I think they'll work their butts off to force their way into the senior side. They have the talent and I'm backing them in to do it. They could be the ones that give us the depth to make the top 4 in 2022.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast