Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

Veterans List
    Did Rampe find the gunman on the grassy knoll?

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    They probably thought you were a spy from Collingwood!
    What was there to spy on? We were dead set bottom. Couldn't win a raffle if we had the only ticket. We used to go tk matches and sit on the fence. Three of us and the other 5,000 people spread out around the SCG. They were dark days. I doubt any opposition would have bothered spying on our training.

The players probably thought he was lost.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    What was he disappointed about? Did you ask him?

It's all in the spelling.....and whoosh, over Bangalore's head it goes.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Jetta by a lip… and let Gaz know too. They were great buddies.
    Cheers royboy, I knew there wouldn't have been much in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    He was a picture of happiness and why not. Just been for a surf, captain of the sexiest football team in town and living in Bondi.

As a fan, I was worried that he is talking risky walking angles and not simply following the safest path to Campbell Parade.

I mention this because he he has a history of injuring himself whilst trying to climb over a fence.
    Did he also climb a pole afterwards?

This is the most boring time of year. Training houses down or not I miss Swans footy

I don't do fantasy football, but thought this Jock Reynolds profile on the Swans had some interesting points about a few players, particularly Ollie Florent, who looks beastly in the photo posted on the Swans' website.

https://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2022/01/07/2022-pocket-profile-sydney-swans/

Someone named Zane was given credit for doing the write up. His twitter line is also a good source of information for those who can't get enough Swans. He seems to go to the Swans' training sessions as well:

Zane (@zanerednwhite) | Twitter

Maybe some RWOers who also go to the training can look out for him and make contact. But maybe BS should hold back. We don't want to turn Zane inzane.

The Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period which commenced on Jan 10th ends on 9th March. It has been antipcated on various posts & articles that we'll use this to select Paddy McCartin. Wondering if club has any doubts on selecting Paddy at this stage & if he has to pass more hurdles before they do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't do fantasy football, but thought this Jock Reynolds profile on the Swans had some interesting points about a few players, particularly Ollie Florent, who looks beastly in the photo posted on the Swans' website.

https://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2022/01/07/2022-pocket-profile-sydney-swans/

Someone named Zane was given credit for doing the write up. His twitter line is also a good source of information for those who can't get enough Swans. He seems to go to the Swans' training sessions as well:

Zane (@zanerednwhite) | Twitter

Maybe some RWOers who also go to the training can look out for him and make contact. But maybe BS should hold back. We don't want to turn Zane inzane.
    Zane is a fanatic like all of us but he lives in Melbourne so doesn’t attend training. I’m surprised he isn’t part of these forums or at least a lurker.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Some of the Swans' social media is showing Barry Hall was down with the boys today at training, and giving them a bit of a chat.

Great to see. Whatever his indiscretions, the fact is he had a stellar career - almost 300 games, 700+ goals and was a Swans premiership captain - and would have some insights to offer them.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Some of the Swans' social media is showing Barry Hall was down with the boys today at training, and giving them a bit of a chat.

Great to see. Whatever his indiscretions, the fact is he had a stellar career - almost 300 games, 700+ goals and was a Swans premiership captain - and would have some insights to offer them.
    Look Bazza did a few naughty things. So, he was a naughty boy lol. But what a player. If they want someone to instil aggression, the aggression that wins premierships, I can think of nobody better. He is also a lovely bloke. So they get a bloke who was a star and a prize fighter as well as played the game really hard. He was the last of the hard men.

So glad to hear he is back. He cried when he left the Swans. It was his home, his family. Now he returns to the fold, the prodigal son.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

You can tell Barry Hall is itching to be involved with the club again!. So pleasing he reached out to the group at the end insisting to contact him anytime for advice. Brought lump to my throat,