Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swans season 2022 - Bring it on! (List, hopes, dreams)

I have also been thinking about the weak points ie the players you cant easily function with out. The players when missing for significant parts of the season allow the opposition to break you down more easily.

Lloyd - not playing would be a serious challenge ie we would miss his massively high involvement in our exits and transitions. The guy is effortless and dependable for our players to runs lines and move into space.

Rampe - just a critical player for an assault on a top4 in 2022

Bud - what a difference when he is up and about. 2021 and donking 51 goals from 17 games...........priceless and turns games when they matter most !.....nothing like averaging 3 goals a game and stretching opposition tactics
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I have also been thinking about the weak points ie the players you cant easily function with out. The players when missing for significant parts of the season allow the opposition to break you down more easily.

Lloyd - not playing would be a serious challenge ie we would miss his massively high involvement in our exits and transitions. The guy is effortless and dependable for our players to runs lines and move into space.

Bud - what a difference when he is up and about. 2021 and donking 51 goals from 17 games...........priceless and turns games when they matter most !.....nothing like averaging 3 goals a game and stretching opposition tactics
    I'd definitely put Tom McCartin in the 'can't do without' as much as any player, simply because of the lack of a clearly viable alternative.

Others may be indispensable in their own way, so no knock on anyone mentioned above. But we really don't have another high class, true tall defender - full stop. Ramps has been remarkable, and may well be for another couple of seasons, but he needs a companion down back. Others 'may' step up, but right now, there is no sure bet.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Disagree on Lloyd. His kicking lacks penetration and is not really damaging. Isn't it weird to see a guy who averages close to 30 touches a game never tagged?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Disagree on Lloyd. His kicking lacks penetration and is not really damaging. Isn't it weird to see a guy who averages close to 30 touches a game never tagged?
    He was tagged in the elim final champ

Score involvements is a fascinating area also to review because the swans had 3 "rising stars" in the "rising star" top 20 in 2021

Gulden 4th most at 89 from only 18 games

Justin McInerny 6th at 87 from 21 games

THE CHAD 15th at 64 from 13 games

Both Chad and Errol sitting at 5 score involvements per game vs say Dustin Martin 6.6 Score involvements per game from 2010 to 2016 then Dusty breaking out to 7.8 per game from 2017 to 2021

Ps the only player higher per game than Dustin is.....drum roll.....Lance Franklin at 8.4 between 2017 to 2021 which is another reason we value Bud so highly

Pss can not wait to see Errols 2022 the kid is a serious post up player. You just want to get the footy in his hands because he maximises opportunity just as the stat's show.

One last interesting fact

Harry Schoenberg at 20yrs of age (Draft pick 24 for Adelaide Crows) was no2 for score involvements in the "rising star" category.

Harry at 180cm and 78kg reminds me alot in his draft year to our young Angus 179cm and 88kg......gutsy players that battle the inside mid work..... who will lean down but have a body that can combat AFL in their first and second year very well......like Parks etc

I suspect Angus will bring also his insatiable desire to get his hands on the footy and be involved in scoring opportunities die to his quick movement out of the pack.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    One last interesting fact

Harry Schoenberg at 20yrs of age (Draft pick 24 for Adelaide Crows) was no2 for score involvements in the "rising star" category.

Harry at 180cm and 78kg reminds me alot in his draft year to our young Angus 179cm and 88kg......gutsy players that battle the inside mid work..... who will lean down but have a body that can combat AFL in their first and second year very well......like Parks etc

I suspect Angus will bring also his insatiable desire to get his hands on the footy and be involved in scoring opportunities die to his quick movement out of the pack.
    Yep. And made that comparison on here when we drafted him. Some people are just pure footballers and Schoenberg is one, despite looking like a short, stocky, unathletic type. If Angus tracks on the same trajectory, we’ll have a good one on our hands.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

While 2021 met and exceeded my expectations, a top 4 and successful finals series is my 22 hopes!

Go well Swans

Cheers

Senior Player
    I’d like to see Reid give us a good final year with any games missed due to outstanding form of Almartey etc, instead of injury.

As touched upon by Auntie Gerald in the pre-season thread, 2022 will present more covid challenges in light of the omicron spread. Taking note of how it's hitting the Melb Stars list in the BBL, is potentially the same blue print AFL will also adopt in the "show must go on" policy.

In that regard, every chance all players on our list may get a run at some point, which is exciting in some respects as I reckon we bat deep. All clubs will be in same boat with perhaps the exception of WA with their tightened borders. (Interesting the Scorchers are playing all their BBL games away as a result).

Dylan Stephens | AFL

And it also appears bigger and stronger

Stephens at 184cm and 78kg !!!!!

McDonald ar 196cm and 92kg

Seems like alot of the player profiles have been updated.

43 player profiles

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast