Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Swans season 2022 - Bring it on! (List, hopes, dreams)

Unfortunately the profiles have not been updated as commentary still talking about the 20 season for most players. This is typical of the Swans

Hi Rickmat I think if have a look thru some you will find weight height etc has been updated for almost all players

Logan didnt join at 96kg nor did Stephens at 78kg etc
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    If Stephens 184cm and 78kg's stats are correct, I still reckon he's down on bulk. I am 183cm tall and in my playing days my weight was steady at around 85kg's (now hovers around 77kg's....34 yrs after retirement) and I reckoned then that I was still to light to mix it with the big boys, although I did pretty well, playing mainly in KP roles. Even though he seems to have bulked up more, in my estimation, Dylan still needs at least another 5 to 10kg's of muscle.

If the Swans are updating the players weight etc, then surely they can update their bio. Most are very dated. Swans have used the excuse that the AFL update the player profiles and pics (which you can see are still lacking for draftees). Sad that player profiles still talk about what they did in 2020 and their hopes for 2021. We have requested that Swans update this info but to no avail.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    If Stephens 184cm and 78kg's stats are correct, I still reckon he's down on bulk. I am 183cm tall and in my playing days my weight was steady at around 85kg's (now hovers around 77kg's....34 yrs after retirement) and I reckoned then that I was still to light to mix it with the big boys, although I did pretty well, playing mainly in KP roles. Even though he seems to have bulked up more, in my estimation, Dylan still needs at least another 5 to 10kg's of muscle.
    He's a similar build to McVeigh who probably weighed the same or even less at the same age. McVeigh ended up at 81kg so on a similar trajectory.

What am I looking for in 22 from the players.
    2 players I am looking forward to making an impact are Stevens and Gould. They are possible replacements for Hewitt and Dawson.. While Hewitt was a tagging mid I feel that Stevens can improve in that area. We have been taking the game on a lot more last year.. Perhaps the tagger is old school... or Harry, Clarke, Bell Kennedy or ?? can step up to tag if needed. My thoughts are there is no need to tag, if they haven't got the ball.. Keep the ball in possession above 60% of the time. For us to improve, they need to equal or better the players we lost. (Presuming they are the replacements - Grab hold of the opportunity and make it their own!) Break even and then improve later in the year.
    Ladhams and Hickey - looking forward to seeing both of them on the field at the same time. Been a long while since the Swans had a key pair, in the rucks. - Likely improvement in the rucks. Expectations high in this area!
    #2.1
    Amartey and Mclean - Wondering how they fit into the side with the above. (Reid - in the back line or return to fitness in the forwards.) With Buddy we would be to tall.. Sorry for Naismith and Sinclair as they will have a lot of time in the seconds or recovering. Truly excited with the prospect of these 2 players and what they can do. Logan McDonald may displace one or both.
    Can Melican break into the team, and hold a key defensive position? Will Blakey return to fit and be a running half back flanker? Can he replace part of what Dawson gave us? Can O'Riordan and Fox provide good service. Our defenders have not gone backwards and expect we will maintain - improve.
    Campbell and Gulden - Excited all year by these pair. May suffer year 2 blues, however if they improve so will the Swans. (You can add Warner Snr, McInerney and some other new kids to this list. No Idea what the new kids can do but based on previous years likely one or 2 will make an impact)
    McCartin and McCartin - Will we or won't we. Mostly likely to have 2 of them in the backline. If we get them working together, the All Australian selection committee to have a hard time only selecting one!
    More of the same from the old and faithful. Buddy to kick 1000 goals in the first round, (Everyone that invades the playing arena wears a mask and it is not a super spreader event) Parker and Rampe to pay all game and the same high level. Papley and Buddy go goal for goal towards the Coleman (Buddy for sentimental reason and signs as a rookie for 2023 - looking to 2024 but will see how he goes.)
    Joey retires with a cup in hand!
    Rise of the Swans golden era, and commentators are suggesting back to back is possible.

End of hopes, wishes and desires.

Go Swans

Love off season posturing.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    I agree Rod. If we're talking hopes and dreams, might as well go big!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Buddy to kick 1000 goals in the first round,
    That would be some feat.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That would be some feat.
    And the week after kick 6 more to make 2000…. Lol

I guess I was thinking / hoping a total of 1000 in week one.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That would be some feat.
    Imagine our percentage for the season LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345