Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: BBBH

FWIW, I have no idea who said what when I mentioned Hanners and Nick Smith. I just thought it was best to reply to crazy with crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    FWIW, I have no idea who said what when I mentioned Hanners and Nick Smith. I just thought it was best to reply to crazy with crazy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    @@@@ off with telling people what they should think or what they should do already..... its utterly nauseating.

You can believe what you want. But stop trying to tell other people what they should think.
    I peg your pardon. Gentlemen never resort to swearing and foul language.

I’m not telling you how to think MCS, I’m simply strongly expressing an opinion. Your reaction to me reminds me of Novak saying “don’t tell me what to think”.

Barry was a brilliant player and a huge influence on the success of the Swans. I felt that he was a bit abandoned at the end of his Swans career by an ungrateful playing group and Paul Roos.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I’m going on what Barry Hall said. I’ve asked for information and accused nobody.

FYI, Barry was the most important player during the Swans 2003-2006 glory run.

If not for Barry, all of you would not have had your break through premiership.

If Barry doesn’t like young upstarts giving him feedback then all of you should be on Barry’s side. Don’t back the accounts on the greatness of leading teams from Brandon Jack.
    If Barry didn't like being given feedback then he shouldn't have been punching guys in the head...(or attempting to punch them). He cost the side with his actions. I'm sure the young player was frustrated by Barry's actions. I'm glad that our club encourages feedback...that is how we can improve.

Barry did not always get it right, BS. Just ask that WCE player he king hit! He was a great player for us for several years but then he became a liability as he gave away stupid free kicks and 50s and began to act selfishly. Essentially, many of the players lost faith in him at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Barry did not always get it right, BS. Just ask that WCE player he king hit! He was a great player for us for several years but then he became a liability as he gave away stupid free kicks and 50s and began to act selfishly. Essentially, many of the players lost faith in him at that time.
    Brent Staker.

With us alone there was eye gouging Primus, that brain fade that almost had him outed for the Grand Final - lucky he got off on a technicality otherwise his contribution to the Swans success might have been viewed significantly differently (and even he admitted in an interview in. The Age in 2017 that he should have been rubbed out). Staker, well enough said. Wakelin - if he had connected, that would have ended even worse.

And that’s just with the Swans.

17 charges during his AFL career for 11 guilty verdicts, 26 games of suspension and $4950 in fines.

That doesn’t even include his radio gaff. Or that post AFL he was a 2 game suspension short of a lifetime football ban.

Great guy? Yup, when I’ve met him. Great player? On his day (of which there were plenty) sure was. Controversial and at times costly to his team and himself? When off his day (which happened too often for one player, his clubs, his team mates, and his supporters to be happy about) yup.

Perhaps the BBBH talk should end so as not to derail the preseason thread (as BBBH is a tenuous association at best).

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    How do we not know that the young players giving him leading team feedback (that he didn’t appreciate) didn’t make him feel angry and unappreciated?

Wouldn’t it have been better for a senior player to take him for a beer, tell him how much he’s loved, tell him how important he is for the team, tell him how important it is for him to stay sensible and stay on the park.

No, the Swans thought it would be great to have Barry sit in a group forum and have young upstarts give it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Brent Staker.
    The Brent Staker incident was ugly.

He broke his wrist in the same game and would have missed the same amount of time.

The net net result was the same amount of time out.

Veterans List
    How do we not know that the young players giving him leading team feedback (that he didn’t appreciate) didn’t make him feel angry and unappreciated?

Wouldn’t it have been better for a senior player to take him for a beer, tell him how much he’s loved, tell him how important he is for the team, tell him how important it is for him to stay sensible and stay on the park.

No, the Swans thought it would be great to have Barry sit in a group forum and have young upstarts give it to him.
    No, the Swans thought it wise to sit ALL the players in a room and give honest feedback to each other to foster an honest team oriented winning environment.....and it worked.

Barry's imperfections have been well documented in preceding posts and as I said a few days ago, no one is immune from criticism.....especially just because they are 'important to the team'. Massaging superstars egos has no place in a competitive team environment.

Now please move on.....we all love Barry but your harping is to this 'pre-season' thread what Novax is to the actual Australian Open....an annoying distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    At 0:37 he says he's living with "BJ and Marc... Sheather". Who's BJ? My best guess is it's James Bell. Second guess is Nick Blakey [Blakey Jnr?]. Does anyone know?
    Brandon Jack?

- - - Updated - - -

The Brent Staker incident was ugly.

He broke his wrist in the same game and would have missed the same amount of time.

The net net result was the same amount of time out.
    The difference is a broken wrist heals. The number of weeks he was suspended also counted toward him potentially being banned from and level of football for life after his AFL career should he be suspended again. An ugly stain on his decorated career if it had transpired, and it very nearly did.

A broken wrist should recover in 6 weeks. The Staker incident did irreparable harm to his reputation.

Kind of pointless point this out as you seem blind to any of it anyway

What is exceptionally disappointing is that it was necessary for a young player to have to point this out to a veteran.

Some would think that an experienced, important member of the team would know better.

I guess not everyone can see this
    Last edited by 0918330512; 17th January 2022 at 12:12 AM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast