Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: BBBH

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Last sentence has merit but.....you spoke of Barry's comments once and most other Roos references have been negative.....and that is on you. You may not call it smearing. I'll rephrase: Don't bring down a champion coach to pump up a flawed champion player.

Oh and don't forget, Roos did the same 'culture' thing for the current premiers.....never underestimate culture. He deserves to be exalted.
    The turnaround at Melbourne had as much to do with executive Peter Jackson as Paul Roos.

Roos finished as Melbourne Coach in 2016. Simon Goodwin has led Melbourne for four seasons before winning the flag on his 5th season.

If Roos was key to Melbourne’s 2021 Premiership then Rodney Eade was as key to the 2005 premiership. Why is Eade not exalted for his contribution to the Swans 2005 premiership flag like Roos is for his contribution to the Demons 2021 flag?

I’m not bringing down Roos but Rodney Eade built a strong onfield team at the Swans from 1996-2002. Paul Roos inherited many good hardened AFL footballers. I think Rodney’s contributions are largely forgotten by the Swans supporters as supporters are enamoured in the Roos Leading Teams / Bloods cultural piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    The turnaround at Melbourne had as much to do with executive Peter Jackson as Paul Roos.

Roos finished as Melbourne Coach in 2016. Simon Goodwin has led Melbourne for four seasons before winning the flag on his 5th season.

If Roos was key to Melbourne’s 2021 Premiership then Rodney Eade was as key to the 2005 premiership. Why is Eade not exalted for his contribution to the Swans 2005 premiership flag like Roos is for his contribution to the Demons 2021 flag?

I’m not bringing down Roos but Rodney Eade built a strong onfield team at the Swans from 1996-2002. Paul Roos inherited many good hardened AFL footballers. I think Rodney’s contributions are largely forgotten by the Swans supporters as supporters are enamoured in the Roos Leading Teams / Bloods cultural piece.
    I guess that Eade owes a debt of gratitude to Barassi for bequeathing him Bayes, Crezza, Kelly, Kickett, Lockett and Roos - without them sure as heck Eade would not have coached a Grand Final side in his first year. Every coach inherits players

You've turned me around. At first I was appalled, but now I'm getting some really good laughs. I'm a bit slow, but I think I'm finally catching on.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    I think Rodney’s contributions are largely forgotten by the Swans supporters as supporters are enamoured in the Roos Leading Teams / Bloods cultural piece.
    Rodney was great for the club but he got to a point where he could no longer extract any further out of the squad.

Understand the seismic consequences that shook the whole club when Roos was appointed as coach. It marked an important moment where Sydney fans stood up and the club recognised them as a legitimate voice. It instilled belief and changed the collective mindset of the club that propelled them toward a premiership.

Roos went on to deliver the premiership with only one player in the team who had ever won a GF. The vast majority of the team had never played in a GF before. It was not only sweet victory at last, it was vindication to all the supporters that the appointment of Roos was the right decision.

And you seriously wonder why Swans fans think of this time more fondly than the Eade era?

Veterans List

Eade? It's pointless arguing with you. I give up.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

I’m really trying to understand the point of this thread.

BBBH was a great footballer with a few flaws. He’s loved by 99 percent of Swans fans, even if they can acknowledge his misdemeanours.

Eade was a terrific coach essential to the build of the Swans’ sustained era of success. Players like Adam Goodes give him credit for making them better. But Roos delivered the ultimate prize in a flag. So he gets special kudos accordingly.

Like, it’s pretty simple.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415