Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
Look Bazza did a few naughty things. So, he was a naughty boy lol. But what a player. If they want someone to instil aggression, the aggression that wins premierships, I can think of nobody better. He is also a lovely bloke. So they get a bloke who was a star and a prize fighter as well as played the game really hard. He was the last of the hard men.

So glad to hear he is back. He cried when he left the Swans. It was his home, his family. Now he returns to the fold, the prodigal son.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
He was a great champion. I remember shaking Barry’s hand in late 2005 at the Cargo Upstairs bar (I was always upstairs). I told him what a legend his was and how awesome the premiership was. Barry had this bemused look on his face but handled my enthusiasm like a champion.

With Barry he said in an interview with Mike Sheehan that towards the end of his Swans tenure that young Swans players used to give it to him in the “Leading Teams” forums.

I was appalled to hear that young Swans upstarts were giving feedback to Barry and trying to look like a leader. How dare a young Swans player question a premiership captain like Barry. He didn’t name who the young player was but I have my suspicions.

Does anyone know who the young upstart was who dared to question Barry.