Page 122 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,453 to 1,464 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

why aren't we interested in Grundy?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    why aren't we interested in Grundy?
    Because he costs way too much in dollars and draft collateral relative to output.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Because he costs way too much in dollars and draft collateral relative to output.
    not if Collingwood pay part of the price. As much as I love Big Tommy, he's not got too many years left in him

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    not if Collingwood pay part of the price. As much as I love Big Tommy, he's not got too many years left in him
    It's been reported in the media (and this may not be completely accurate) that his (long) contract is for $1m a year, and that the Pies might be prepared to pay $300k a year (for some years? all years?) to get him off their books. That still leaves a club that takes him with $700k a year to fit into their cap.

I'm not quite as lukewarm about ruckmen as Ludwig, but I don't think there's any need to have them amongst your very highest paid players. Doesn't matter how good they are. The nature of their role and their size means they get injured. And you don't need a great ruckman to be a great team. You just need a competent one, with a couple almost as competent (and patient) in reserve.

I agree Liz but in saying that Max Gawn in full flight in the 2021 GF made things a whole lot easier

I suspect like a few key positions they really really count in the big games.

For me Grundy is not our answer as we don't have a ruck problem right now nor 2023

Senior Player
    Ladhams got four Brownlow votes in his half season with us. He has potential to be a good footballer. Just has to learn to handle the game when it isn’t going is way instead of taking cheap shots at other players.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Buddy has signed for one more year
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Buddy has signed for one more year
    Yes, great news that the Budster has suddenly announced this now.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

https://www.afl.com.au/news/847198/-...eer-with-swans

Wow! Awesome! That's good news for Logan, not so much for Joel and Hayden.

What's interesting to me is that Buddy has decided without waiting to see if he'll have a fairytale finish on Saturday.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Someone at the Swans has a sense of humour …
    Attachment 2413
    And this from another well known #23 some years ago …
    Attachment 2414

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    'One more': Lance 'Buddy' Franklin to finish career with Swans as extension confirmed

Wow! Awesome! That's good news for Logan, not so much for Joel and Hayden.

What's interesting to me is that Buddy has decided without waiting to see if he'll have a fairytale finish on Saturday.
    What a brilliant way to start Grand Final week! An outstanding boost!