Page 186 of 198 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,232 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It’s possible I got the nuances of the titles wrong. Will want to see official announcement. So apologies if I’m off track in what I heard in the video.

Good to see Bucky back, and McVeigh will add a lot of experience.

As for the other dude, who knows. GWS’s player development never impressed me.
    Listening to the interview, I think the nuance is that Mark McVeigh has been appointed as head coach of the academy, whereas Leon Cameron is head of the academy. So Cameron probably has more administrative duties.

Good that Buchanan is back in the fold. Not sure who Truslove is, but I suspect he'll be better than Laidler?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Exactly! Mark McVeigh…..spare us!
    I like Mark McVeigh when he coached GWS. He had an attacking style but was also ruthless and didn't accept defeat, hence him calling out the playing group post match after a bad loss late in the season.

Good pick up I reckon!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

So Laidler provided some good value in a 3 for 1 swap (or 2 for 1 if you consider that McVeigh will be going to the Academy not the club per se).

We are increasing our coaching staff by one (Amon Buchanan - development coach according to iu2), and Truslove is taking over our VFL team from Laidler having performed the same role at GWS. Meanwhile Laidler has been promoted to a line coach at GWS. Great to have Amon back - feels like we're getting the gang back together with yet another addition from our 2005 flag team. I guess the extra coach is partly how we're using the increased amount of soft cap (reduced by $100K for the breaches of Covid protocols ).

Incidentally, in case you're confused, Leon Cameron is the Coaching Director for the Academy, whereas Mark 'Spike' McVeigh will be the Head Coach. I guess this is similar to the distinction between Charlie Gardiner (Head of Football) and Horse (Head Coach). It makes more sense once you learn that the Academy has 90 coaches and conditioning staff (spread across 9 locations).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I like Mark McVeigh when he coached GWS. He had an attacking style but was also ruthless and didn't accept defeat, hence him calling out the playing group post match after a bad loss late in the season.

Good pick up I reckon!
    +1
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

We now have 3 sets of brothers at the club! (The Warners, McCartins & McVeighs).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Four get the flick from GWS under the new regime and all four land jobs at the Swans, how so?

Unprecedented! It's got shades of the AFL HQ jobs for the boys club!
    More to do with the fact they are already settled in Sydney most likely. Buchanan and M McVeigh very well credentialled. Unaware of other guy. New coach of GWS probably wants his own team of assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    So Laidler provided some good value in a 3 for 1 swap (or 2 for 1 if you consider that McVeigh will be going to the Academy not the club per se).

We are increasing our coaching staff by one (Amon Buchanan - development coach according to iu2), and Truslove is taking over our VFL team from Laidler having performed the same role at GWS. Meanwhile Laidler has been promoted to a line coach at GWS. Great to have Amon back - feels like we're getting the gang back together with yet another addition from our 2005 flag team. I guess the extra coach is partly how we're using the increased amount of soft cap (reduced by $100K for the breaches of Covid protocols ).

Incidentally, in case you're confused, Leon Cameron is the Coaching Director for the Academy, whereas Mark 'Spike' McVeigh will be the Head Coach. I guess this is similar to the distinction between Charlie Gardiner (Head of Football) and Horse (Head Coach). It makes more sense once you learn that the Academy has 90 coaches and conditioning staff (spread across 9 locations).
    Yes , In essence it seems that Camerons role may have taken over Chris Smiths old role and McVeigh is taking Crouchys role.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Yes , In essence it seems that Camerons role may have taken over Chris Smiths old role and McVeigh is taking Crouchys role.
    It seems to me that we have strengthened our coaching line up further with the inclusion of the experienced Cameron, McVeigh, Buchanan etc. All have had fairly senior roles including two ex-AFL senior coaches and a line coach. Good people = High Competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Damian Truslove was recently AFL Development & VFL Head Coach- GWS Giants FC, so he is crossing to us in a similar role.
    Except we split the roles which is a good thing.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    I thought Cameron was Head of the Academy!!!!!!
    Cameron is Head Coach. McVeigh is Men's Coach

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Listening to the interview, I think the nuance is that Mark McVeigh has been appointed as head coach of the academy, whereas Leon Cameron is head of the academy. So Cameron probably has more administrative duties.

Good that Buchanan is back in the fold. Not sure who Truslove is, but I suspect he'll be better than Laidler?
    McVeigh is Head MEN'S Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Mark McVeigh is HEAD MEN'S Coach