Page 189 of 198 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,257 to 2,268 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

2022 List management, trading, drafting

Last edited by Meg; 25th November 2022 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Fixed URL
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Who stuffed up the draft thread?

No sleeps to go before what looks the most exciting and unpredictable draft in years. I'm getting the cheese and crackers and a top McLaren Vale shiraz ready for the evenings entertainment :-)

It was dumb old me 707
    Apologies
    I let the team know in the errors thread to fix asap

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Who stuffed up the draft thread?...
    All good now
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

For list management buffs, here is an excellent pre-draft interview of Kinnear Beatson by Rookie Me. It has some great insights into KB as a person, his vision of the game and his list management philosophy. It goes on for 23 minutes and isn't the typical sound bite interview we usually see.

Pre-Draft Interview with Kinnear Beatson - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    For list management buffs, here is an excellent pre-draft interview of Kinnear Beatson by Rookie Me. It has some great insights into KB as a person, his vision of the game and his list management philosophy. It goes on for 23 minutes and isn't the typical sound bite interview we usually see.

Thanks for sharing Ludders. We have one astute list manager! If I could sit down with a coffee with any Swans' staff member it would have to be KB. The interviewer asked some great questions too.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    KB's disdain for the media really shone through this draft and trade period.

It started when Riley Beveridge asked him the dumbest question ever during the trade period: "Have you looked ahead at what's available in the draft?" (or somthing similar) and KB called him on being a moron.

Then some doofus the other night asked him about Vickery and/or Mitchell being bolters and he said: "According to who? People who write phantom drafts."

I mean, his dismissiveness of the Melbourne media mafia almost reaches the level of Ludwig and ruckman. So this interview is a nice contrast.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    KB's disdain for the media really shone through this draft and trade period.

It started when Riley Beveridge asked him the dumbest question ever during the trade period: "Have you looked ahead at what's available in the draft?" (or somthing similar) and KB called him on being a moron.

Then some doofus the other night asked him about Vickery and/or Mitchell being bolters and he said: "According to who? People who write phantom drafts."

I mean, his dismissiveness of the Melbourne media mafia almost reaches the level of Ludwig and ruckman. So this interview is a nice contrast.
    Round 1, first centre square bounce. Ludwig's starting 4 at the bounce: Parker, Warner, Gulden and Papley.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Well, I've always said Gulden has such a high footy IQ he could find a way to play fullback on Ben King, so I assume he's the starting ruck in this scenario.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Can see why they selected Cooper Vickery in particular when KB spoke about the traits they look for, which included work ethic & character. Interesting admitting flight risk is taken into consideration but also backing their system to help alleviate. Thanks for the link. Insightful.

An interview of rare quality, far superior to what they serve up on the AFL site.