Page 127 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,513 to 1,524 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Our list really is in very good shape.

With the exception of Lloyd who may move for big $ as a free agent I am unaware of any of our first 22 tomorrow not starting next year.

Plus Sheldrick, Roberts, Corey Warner and Gould waiting in wings along with Campbell, Logan, Ladhams and Amartey and three high quality draft picks from this year.

Very good reasons to be optimistic about the next five + years

Veteran Site Admin
    It’s on the AFL site as part of an article headlined by the Suns looking to give away pick 7 with Bowes. Can’t do links on my phone.

Senior Player
    Papley told AFL.com.au. "I've still got next year to go so we'll probably come into talks at the end of the year and next year so I'm looking forward to that."

I don’t think that was it …

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    For those that thought we should have been into former pick 13 from the 2017 draft Jarrod Brander 12 months ago, he's been delisted by GWS today.
    I was certainly one who wondered about Brander. Thanks for the update - I heard it here first.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm interested. How much do you charge for lessons?
    My advice is always free Ludwig

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I was certainly one who wondered about Brander. Thanks for the update - I heard it here first.
    There must be something pretty wrong with that guy for his star to decline so rapidly. Perhaps he is just not up to the demands of top AFL footy? Its a big jump from junior footy star to making it in the AFL!

The impression from West Coast were that Brander's issues were mental/attitude rather than physical or talent.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I caught the last couple of games that Brander played at senior level and he looked okay, but seemed to be playing a lot higher than I expected.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, time to fire up this thread hey.

I think we’re building good midfield depth with Sheldrick, Campbell, maybe Roberts all having capacity to go in there next season. We’ve seen with Chad guys with quick feet matter in there, as they can both move quickly to a ball on the move, and then explode away. But one or two more emerging options wouldn’t hurt. And our wings look good.

We definitely need a long term partner for Logan. I don’t view Amarty or McLean as more than solid depth. This is priority number one in the draft for me.

We also need to be hard headed about our ruck stocks. Hickey was knackered today after carrying the load last week. Despite his brain fades this year, Ladhams can play. But a good young ruck would be nice.

I also think a high speed small forward to accompany Paps would be nice. Clarke has done a good job, but I don’t think he’s the long term answer as he doesn’t offer enough offensively.

And my long term pet obsession is a 200cm defender as we enter the era of giant key forwards.

I know that sounds like a lot, but I think our list is building well. We just need to be ruthless about what will give us the best chance of sustained success over the next five to seven years given the elite talent we already have on board, rather than a sugar hit next year.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

"We definitely need a long term partner for Logan"

Nick Blakey?

He's not eligible until next year's draft, but

Sydney Academy member Caiden Cleary was the most productive player on the ground with 31 disposals and six inside-50s – an impressive feat given the flat 22-minute quarters in the Futures game played before the GF.

So we just might have another Academy midfielder coming through next year.