Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 fixture

Veterans List

2023 fixture

So we're playing Gold Coast Round 1 next season. Not looking forward to this!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Really inspiring opener...wonder what we did to deserve that. Is that the punishment for the draft tactics?

I’m delighted. Trip to the GC will be booked, great time of the year to get up there! Should be a straight forward win to start the year as well 😃 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Really inspiring opener...wonder what we did to deserve that. Is that the punishment for the draft tactics?
    It’s a favour to Buddy so he doesn’t need to leave home ...

Gold Coast v Sydney, Metricon Stadium, 7.00pm

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    2 wins 3 losses over the last 4 seasons,
    and
    6 wins 4 losses over the last 8 seasons.

Not encouraging stats but it could prove to give a little extra motivation (as if the embarrassing GF performance wasn't enough).
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Our recent nemesis first up away from home. A good early chance to blow away the blots on our 2022 season, the GF and the loss to GC.

I'm always interested in who the double ups are, extra round this year so there's now six double ups. The teams played twice make a significant impact on finishing position, last season Geelong and Crows got the hapless Norf and WCE twice, that's two extra certain wins.

Of course we'll have GWS twice. Given we're getting Gold Coast round 1 I think we're a good chance to double up with them too ( I reckon we'll be fixtured to play Geelong twice given they were our GF opponent.

And then another three. Maybe Freo? Or Saints? Bulldogs? Hawks?? (I think that's too much to hope for.) Possibly not Brisbane if we're doubling up against Gold Coast? Demons? (I reckon that'd be good.)
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Perfect. Not far from where I live up on the North Coast these days, so a quick dash over the border - and it falls on my birthday. You beauty!
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I quite like Metricon as a ground to watch footy at - might try and head up for that one. Our record up there is certainly better compared to when we play the Suns at home in recent year.

Wish the AFL would pull the finger out and get on with releasing the draw. Feels like it is later and later every year....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Wish the AFL would pull the finger out and get on with releasing the draw. Feels like it is later and later every year....
    I heard yesterday it is going to be released either Thursday or Friday. (Probably not 6am again seeing as the Socceroos are out 😛).

Veterans List
    Richmond at Adelaide Oval Round 5 "Gather Round"

Good I get to see another live game in Adelaide this year

Is this a space where I can ask for any codes for Gather Round. I’m travelling with 3 other couples to Adelaide for the weekend so would be keen for 6 adult codes if anyone has some that they won’t be using.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast