Page 38 of 198 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    But who was the luminary who appointed Tuddenham?
    The clubs general manager / secretary at the time was Oberon Pirak - a former Tigers listed player - he lost his position shortly after Tuddenham's departure.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Although I'd be inclined to lay the blame on Carlton for steeling Stewart away from us. One of the greatest tradgedy's of Swans history.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 16th June 2022 at 12:30 PM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Although I'd be inclined to lay the blame on Carlton for steeling Stewart away from us. One of the greatest tradgedy's of Swans history.
    And worst part is he wasnt even the right man for them ! They did nothing but complain and Blues players didnt like Stewy cause he made them work ! They have always been a turd of a club

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    My opinion is that we need Lloyd's experience/skill if we're in the premiership window next few years, provided he's not asking overs. We let go Hewett & lost Dawson last season and need to be mindful that we have right balance of experience/youth to ensure development of list continues. Not sure if anyone on our list can fill straight into Lloyd's shoes as it does take time to develop a player to do so (as it did with Lloyd himself). He plays a valuable small defender role.

On the other hand I do see Will Gould as a eventual replacement for Rampe, a attacking defender who can play on both smalls and talls. From all accounts Gould is having a good season in the VFL and even if he doesn't get to debut this season, has hopefully shown enough to re-sign him at season's end with this in mind.
    I agree with this. ^^
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

And when Stewie returned to the Swans, the damage was done. To the Swans by Tuddy, to Stewart by Carlton.
    The combination of Stewie and he Swans never really got going the way it had, and the Swans lost/blew their last chance to succeed in Melbourne.

One last thing before this thread returns to actually talking about 2022 list management - OMG TB just agreed with me!

Florent has just signed a two year extension. I generally like Florent and think he has a bright future with us. I love it when he takes the game on too. A good extension imo.

Thanks Mark, that's great news with Ollie's re-signing! Hope these continue with our young guns.

On another front, Melbourne has players who are on the radar according to media reports. Along with Luke Jackson which I heard a report of Freo looking at offering him Buddy type deal worth $10m over 8 years, comes Geelong being seriously interested securing Angus Brayshaw who is also coming out of contract (FA)?

Heard a interesting SEN caller yesterday who made point whenever a Vic player in a non Vic team wants to return home, the Melb media don't question it and push the "family" reasons agenda. In the case of Luke Jackson, the Melb media question his motives why he would want to leave a Vic premiership team and overlook the coming home family factor in reverse!

Dwayne Russell (SEN) didn't really answer the question directly, dancing around it somewhat which people texted in and reminded him of that.
    Last edited by KSAS; 25th June 2022 at 09:50 AM.

Everyone has talked about Jackson leaving and the contract but no one has spoke about what trade gets the deal done.

He is out of contract, not a Free Agent.

Are teams really going to do the Tim Kelly deal to get a player ?

Freo could maybe do Lobb and Logue but eould that be enough in a world where everyone wants 1st round picks

And Freo are not in a position to screw Melbourne for Jackson trade like Adeliaide did with us with Dawson. However West Coast could do so should Jackson nominate them.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    And Freo are not in a position to screw Melbourne for Jackson trade like Adeliaide did with us with Dawson. However West Coast could do so should Jackson nominate them.
    North finished last, they pick him up regardless of wether he wants to be there or not

North finished last year as well. It's a matter whether Melbourne would let him walk if it came to that. We'll.never know if North would've picked Dawson last year had we let walk to the draft.

You'd think Jackson would give Melbourne notice of his intention unlike Dawson who changed his mind last minute and blindsided the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Florent has just signed a two year extension. I generally like Florent and think he has a bright future with us. I love it when he takes the game on too. A good extension imo.
    Agreed about Ollie. He has pace and a bit of class as he showed in that great bit of forward play against the Saints tonight. The only potentially in-demand player left to re-sign is Lloyd, a free agent. It will also be interesting to see how they play the Paddy McCartin contract situation. He deserves a 3-year deal but that seems to be too risky given his concussion history. Perhaps a 2-year deal?