Page 40 of 198 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Watched a bit of the Norf game today, they are a serious mess with no obvious fix. So many players, Thomas among them look totally disinterested. You can bet Norf player managers are doing the ring around right now seeing which clubs may be interested in their players.

Carlton have made so many big $ signings and re-signed their own young stars you have to wonder if the salary cap doesn't apply to them!
    Yes, you'd have to be a bit of a Pratt, not to have at least a few suspicions, on how Carlton have managed to give apparently big money contracts to their young stars and still manage to lure players from other clubs with further big money offers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, you'd have to be a bit of a Pratt, not to have at least a few suspicions, on how Carlton have managed to give apparently big money contracts to their young stars and still manage to lure players from other clubs with further big money offers.
    Then again, maybe it's just hard work, with their recruiting staff being particularly Visy.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If the club is looking to raid a Roos list lacking motivation and enthusiasm, I wouldn't mind if they asked the question of Thomas. He played some fantastic footy last season but something's not right with him this year. That raises a few flags - in the sense he may not be the most driven, self-motivated player - but a change of scenery would likely do him good.

He and Blakey were the stand-out stars for the Allies squads in the under-age cohort and they always seem to have a D&M chat at the end of Swans Roos games. So I'm guessing they're good mates. Maybe Nick can have a word in Tarryn's ear and persuade him that Sydney would be a great place to resurrect his career. I think Thomas's size and style of play would well complement our existing young midfield brigade.

Speaking of friends, my ears pricked listening to the post-game interview with Tom McCartin on Fox last night. They showed a photo of two young lads showing support for Paddy McCartin in his early St Kilda career. One was Tom and the other Sam Walsh. Asked about the photo, Tom said that Sam was his best mate.

At some point, someone is going to realise there is an error in the "total" formula on the Carlton salary cap spreadsheet, and they might need to offload a player or two in a hurry.
    Thomas would be an amazing get. Assuming his lack of interest / application is only a temporary product of the Noble setup at Norf.

I’d also assume that Noble will be removed rather than losing their best young talent.

Clarko to North maybe? Noble won’t survive the year.

Veteran Site Admin
    Clarkson is going to be a busy man next year, coaching North, Essendon as well as working on the Tasmanian pitch. Luckily he seems to have been spared the commute to SE Queensland too.

Clarkson is going to be a busy man next year, coaching North, Essendon as well as working on the Tasmanian pitch. Luckily he seems to have been spared the commute to SE Queensland too.
    He should split the workload with Jeff Kennett.

Saints as well now after Saturday. If only he had a twin like say … the Scotts

Perhaps Clsrkson could become the first to coach clubs virtually via Zoom Conferences?

Veterans List
    And then there's all the work he'll be doing with Brad Scott on the rules.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    And then there's all the work he'll be doing with Brad Scott on the rules.
    That will be fuelled with plenty of coffee.

or a southern french Latte
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

These are the first Rookie Me power rankings for the season.

AFL Draft Power Rankings - June 2022 - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central

I'm guessing that we'll have a couple of picks around the 15-20 range. Given the success of some of the recently selected, highly rated rucks in the draft (Jackson, English, De Koning, etc) I'd be tempted to take one of the two ruckmen listed in that range.

Veterans List
    West Adelaide have five in the top twenty! Need to wait until after the U18 championship is finished to get a clearer picture.

I'm not sure what our needs are this year but we'll probably only take three picks to the ND.

Think we have to upgrade some rookies who have now used up their allowed rookie list period of three years?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    or a southern french Latte
    Good to have you back Auntie! Nothing like a Latte in the morning 😊