Page 29 of 198 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Get real. Membrey is handy, but no star. Cameron is a fringe player at best.
    Both went for more game time

Footy Classified from Monday night suggested we should get Tom Mitchell back. I agree that we need a mature in-and-under player in there for a couple of years, so it isnt the craziest of ideas. I wonder how many bridges were burnt.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Membrey is to you what Rowbottom is to Thebloods.

No idea why you’ve got it in for him. He would be playing every week in our team.
    He's still not a 'star'.

Veterans List
    Can they put Kennedy on the long term injury list to open up a spot in next week's mid season draft?

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can they put Kennedy on the long term injury list to open up a spot in next week's mid season draft?
    Pretty sure he would have to be placed on the inactive list meaning that he couldn't play again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Is it just the "past the prime" bit that bothers you? In my case, I dislike seeing the Swans go big $$$ recruting, it always costs us good players and hasn't yielded a flag since 1933 - whereas making good recruiting selections and moneyball recruiting for under appreciated players produced two flags in 8 years.
    Not a criticism of any particular poster, especially as I'm joining in but gosh this thread got off track fast, two posts then away it went.
    Apologies I did not reply earlier, but work got in the way!

I agree with you. It's not just that Dusty is moving into prime Geelong recruiting territory, but I dislike recruiting to put bums on seats. If I'm honest, I thought at the time that the recruitment of Buddy would have yielded at least a flag. I was wrong. A player doesn't win a flag, a team does. So when I look at the possibility of recruiting Dusty, I have to ask what is the benefit? To get a few more through the turnstiles? If we recruit Dusty, we lose players, an opportunity for one of our next gen to shine and $.

I'd much rather we target someone younger with greater upside. Someone of the ilk of Tarranto or Zurhaar, all the while keeping our young brigade together. Isn't Horne-Francis out of contract too. I think we should go hard for prime young talent out of contract who we can add to and compliment our list.

Logan McDonald must be thanking his lucky stars right now that North had overlooked him in the 2020 Draft by selecting midfielder Will Philips with pick 3. Hope the current turmoil at North has instilled a further appreciation where he's at and hopefully commit long term with us.

Commentators like Kane Cornes have come out this week criticising North's list management for overlooking Logan when they had just traded out Ben Brown and witnessing Logan's potential last Friday night.

Veterans List
    There is talk that Taylor Walker is talking to a club in the premiership window about a 2 year contract. The so called experts on SEN have dismissed us.

Would he fit in? If it is us does that mean this is Buddy's last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    There is talk that Taylor Walker is talking to a club in the premiership window about a 2 year contract. The so called experts on SEN have dismissed us.

Would he fit in? If it is us does that mean this is Buddy's last year?
    Bulldogs?

Mark26 mentioned Zurhaar. I’m a big fan. Hard as nails. Put him in a good side and he could be a star.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Mark26 mentioned Zurhaar. I’m a big fan. Hard as nails. Put him in a good side and he could be a star.
    He's only 24. Plenty of footy in front of him you'd think.

Regular in the Side
    Death, taxes and Sydney being mentioned as a destination for every player still out of contract. And we are only at round 11