Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of the game

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by geedoubleuess View Post

If anyone from AFL NSW/ACT reads this forum, here is my 2 cents worth on reordering your competition fixture and ladder page with the correct names:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh boy, that was good.

Your name complements your immaturity Junior.

Let's see if the brass from HQ want to respond.

Warming the Bench
    I like to think of it as young at heart.

Hey, I completely agree with your original comment. The site is hugely frustrating. It's just the thought that the AFL is a) unaware that the site is poorly structured, and b) reading these forums for tips on how to improve it I found amusing.

Surely, SURELY, they are aware it's not easy to use. I'm no longer based in Sydney but involved in a regional NSW league, and we have the same issues. Our League manager is aware though, and I'm told that there are people working on it. I guess we'll see....

All good Junior - sometimes things are misconstrued at times so apologies.

No good you have the same issues. Hopefully it is sorted swiftly for a better end-user experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I like to think of it as young at heart.

Hey, I completely agree with your original comment. The site is hugely frustrating. It's just the thought that the AFL is a) unaware that the site is poorly structured, and b) reading these forums for tips on how to improve it I found amusing.

Surely, SURELY, they are aware it's not easy to use. I'm no longer based in Sydney but involved in a regional NSW league, and we have the same issues. Our League manager is aware though, and I'm told that there are people working on it. I guess we'll see....

It looks and feels like someone has just gone - we can create the same type of app as we were paying someone else to host for us without realising its the subtle end user experiences that can really dictate how these things pan out.

I agree that the order of choice of comps seems weird, its clunky to scroll around, you cant find other stats like top goalkickers and probably most importantly its a very poor site to use on a mobile phone as you have to use your browser to find it rather than being able to click on an app and have it right in front of you.

First world problems I know but indicates to me either a limited budget and cost cutting to achieve something or a limited sense of how people now interact with their mobile devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    It looks and feels like someone has just gone - we can create the same type of app as we were paying someone else to host for us without realising its the subtle end user experiences that can really dictate how these things pan out.

I agree that the order of choice of comps seems weird, its clunky to scroll around, you cant find other stats like top goalkickers and probably most importantly its a very poor site to use on a mobile phone as you have to use your browser to find it rather than being able to click on an app and have it right in front of you.

First world problems I know but indicates to me either a limited budget and cost cutting to achieve something or a limited sense of how people now interact with their mobile devices.
    Order of comps is alphabetical, but somehow ignoring the U in U19s.

It’s a national system I believe, not exclusive to NSW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    Order of comps is alphabetical, but somehow ignoring the U in U19s.

It’s a national system I believe, not exclusive to NSW.

Hence that even solidifies my first comment - afl thinks they can standardise it and bring it in house and save a few bucks.

I get the alphabetical thing but still doesnt flow properly in the scheme of how the comp runs and like I said mobile use is clunky and cumbersome.

Anyway doesnt really affect who actually wins so not that big a deal I guess

I think that’s the least of the challenges that AFL faces in NSW.

Amongst all the doom and gloom about footy in NSW, it is good to see how well the Platinum comp is going. I have to admit I was and am wrong about this comp. Super even at the moment and great place for Camden and South West to rebuild.

Randwick seems to be the only club struggling... though I can never understand how they don't get a few Easts second and third-string players.

The locations of the clubs in premier vs platinum is quite interesting. Someone should chuck it on the red rooster line.

Wonder if there's potential in splitting those comps into some sort of "City/North" and "West/South West" competition and divisions remain a shared competition. Wonder if that would help retention and growth of the clubs in the south west region, don't juniors do this to lessen travel? (mind you playing divisions and travelling more would still suck). Completely chucking @@@@ at the wall here. Don't take anything to heart.

Unrelated why did Nor West rename?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Amongst all the doom and gloom about footy in NSW, it is good to see how well the Platinum comp is going. I have to admit I was and am wrong about this comp. Super even at the moment and great place for Camden and South West to rebuild.

Randwick seems to be the only club struggling... though I can never understand how they don't get a few Easts second and third-string players.
    They end up at the BATS simple where the culture and standards thrive.

Changed back to Hawkesbury after 21 years of Nor-West. Early 2000s we would train at Quakers Hill and Bensons Lane on alternate nights with a view to capitalise on growth in the area but we just clunked along.
    Now have better alignment with junior club but kept the Jets moniker for Defence link.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast