Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 pre-match thread - v Suns 1:45 PM Saturday @ SCG

Round 8 pre-match thread - v Suns 1:45 PM Saturday @ SCG

Outs: Reid, Cunningham, JPK (to medi-sub; Bell out altogether)

Ins: McCartin, McDonald, COR, more afternoon sunshine

If Hickey is ready he comes in and replaces McLean.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    Hickey Paddy McDonald in

Mclean Bell out

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Agreed bloodspirit- but if Hickey is not ready, who will be 2nd ruck: McLean? Not happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Agreed but I'd rather McLean goes out than Reid. McLean offers little and is pretty much a liability if he isnt kicking straight

I'd like to see Amartey have an extended crack at it but I understand he has a knee issue

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agreed but I'd rather McLean goes out than Reid. McLean offers little and is pretty much a liability if he isnt kicking straight

I'd like to see Amartey have an extended crack at it but I understand he has a knee issue
    Yep. Reid offers a lot more than McLean, especially if Hayden isn't kicking straight!

Senior Player
    I've been to more than one games vs the Suns at the SCG where I thought "Suns, this should be easy enough" and was proved wrong by a Swans outfit that failed to show up. I usually put it down to Dew's inside knowledge, but that's simplistic.

Form this season suggests a Swans win, but I always have that fear. Although I expect a big lift from the team after they review the Lions game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Agreed bloodspirit- but if Hickey is not ready, who will be 2nd ruck: McLean? Not happy with that.
    Fair point. Maybe keep Reid instead of McLean for that reason. Reid is also generally more versatile. But I don't like turning sour on Hayden so quickly. McLean didn't have much impact last night but he's been pretty good this season. He's not a star of the competition but he's serviceable and works hard. He doesn't work well in the ruck because he doesn't have a great leap, he's not that agile, and after the ball comes to ground he doesn't offer anywhere near as much as Hickey or Ladhams (or Reid or Amartey) around the ball. His strengths are marking and bringing the ball to ground, and working really hard off the ball to get in to space and keep his defender accountable. He's also been kicking pretty straight (with some exceptions!).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

McLean has been played as a defensive tall, so a structural role, but i can see him getting dropped.

Ollie did a good job as a defender so may get deployed in place of Cunningham.

Not convinced we should be starting JPK

Does Campbell have the tank to play onball yet, or could Errol play more as a wingman and less as a forward?

INS: Paddy, Logan, Stephens
    OUTS: Cunningham, McLean, JPK

I reckon Hickey is a decent chance to return. He was training last week. I’d like to see how we’d go with Ladhams and Hickey both in the team.

Ins: Hickey, Paddy Mc, McDonald, COR
    Outs: Reid, McLean, Cunningham, JPK

Ins - Hickey, Logan, Paddy, Gould, Stephens

Outs - McLean, Reid, Rampe, Cunningham, Stephens

- Need to work with that two man rucking set up as it’s going to be needed against Melbourne.

- Logan is the 3rd tall in the forward line and has more mobility than Reid and McLean.

- Florent to play as a small defender. Has a great kick to go with Campbell and Blakey.

- Rampe is horribly out of form and needs a week to be managed to see that works. Gould’s day has arrived and will play as 3rd back tall.

- Kennedy to medical sub with some run from Stephens to replace the midfield run of Florent.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Ins - Hickey, Logan, Paddy, Gould, Stephens

Outs - McLean, Reid, Rampe, Cunningham, Stephens .
    Poor old Dylan. Is promoted then dropped before he even plays

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Poor old Dylan. Is promoted then dropped before he even plays
    Apologies. Meant Kennedy.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast