Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Suns.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    What a complete and utter hypercrite!
    We have suffered under your endless, repetitive, despicable and ill informed denigration on one particualer player that "pulls on the jumper" for almost 2 bloody years.

Frankly, given the it's hard no to to see the similarities between your comments and the mindless noise genrerated by the speakers at the SCG - both have the effect of making fans go elsewhare. I'm pretty sure this post is gong to be deleted by the mods' but I've just about had enough.
    why do you always have to go there , i am at every game supporting him and hoping he does well . just like every other swans player .

lets not ruin another discussion ok . i have listened to everyone on here their thoughts on the music , it wouldnt turn me away but everyone is different as im seeing.

I was at the Brisbane game watching in the Members' Stand. I must say that the sound level in that location is not a problem, I could easily chat to my friend but still enjoy the music too. So, it seems the noise level is much worse elsewhere in the ground?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I attended that game and the music was so loud you could not talk to the person sitting except to you.
    I was by myself - perhaps that's why I didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I was at the Brisbane game watching in the Members' Stand. I must say that the sound level in that location is not a problem, I could easily chat to my friend but still enjoy the music too. So, it seems the noise level is much worse elsewhere in the ground?
    I think it depends where you sit and where the closest speaker/s is/are. Upper levels of Brewongle are awful due to position of speaker/s.

Veterans List
    Watching the games in other states it seems that they also play music after each home team goal. It must be an AFL directive. The issue with the SCG seems to be the volume. Surely that is something that can be addressed.

I noticed during the Brisbane game (or was it last week) that the music was still playing when the umpire was bouncing the ball. It happened on more than one occasion.

At the MCG and Marvel they have flashing coloured lights after each home team goal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Sorry but some noise isnt good enough for me . I remember when going to a swans game was standing in a mud pit at Lakeside after it had rained all night before , trying to watch the game while my brolly had holes in it ! And that was normal . No one complained , you showed up to support the team . Now you get comfortable seats , food , drinks, mostly under shelter , you get big screens to see whats happening at the other end but there 's too much noise ? Now i 've seen everything !
    Those were the days,TB. We were privileged to watch Skilts play- it was worth half the rice in China. Standing on cans to get a better view. And considered ourselves truly blessed if we got a seat in the grandstand. Of course, we lost more often than not but we loved the team and the game and cheered as loud as we could. The umpiring was heaps better than today and only one ump but we let him know what we thought when a decision went against us. But then we had Kenny Boyd………….

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I attended that game and the music was so loud you could not talk to the person sitting except to you.
    Yep. It was even worse than at the SCG. I was sitting pretty high up in the stands, though.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122