Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 9: the other games. Will the sleeping Giants awake?

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    People claim Sydney fans are fickle, but check out this West Coast crowd. Very, very thin. Maybe half full.
    I dunno. If the swans were frequently losing by 70+ points I reckon the scg would be super baron.

I know a lot of us are hardcore swans fans but the reality is a lot of swans supporters are pretty fairweather fans

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I dunno. If the swans were frequently losing by 70+ points I reckon the scg would be super baron.

I know a lot of us are hardcore swans fans but the reality is a lot of swans supporters are pretty fairweather fans
    I was more remarking on how footy fans and commentators in those states pretend it’s a uniquely Sydney, aren’t really into AFL thing
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I was more remarking on how footy fans and commentators in those states pretend it’s a uniquely Sydney, aren’t really into AFL thing
    Fair. And I agree. Who can forget the Port Adelaide tarps?!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Fair. And I agree. Who can forget the Port Adelaide tarps?!
    It's what always comes to mind when I see them on TV mimicking Liverpool FC holding their $2 Shop scarves above their
    heads singing that soppy INXS song. The ultimate fair weather fans. Won't even turn to a home final because of the
    unsubsidised ticket price.

Senior Player
    I think we actually lose a lower percentage of our regular crowd numbers than a lot of teams do when we are hanging around at
    the bottom of the ladder, which is fortunately not very often. This thing that Sydney fans are more fickle than the fans of the southern
    state teams is BS and part of some southern fantasy about footy, one of many they cling limply to.
    Last edited by KTigers; 16th May 2022 at 02:29 AM.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think we actually lose a lower percentage of our regular crowd numbers than a lot of teams do when we are hanging around at
    the bottom of the ladder, which is fortunately not very often. This thing that Sydney fans are more fickle than the fans of the southern
    state teams is BS and part of some southern fantasy about footy, one of many they cling limply to.
    Yes, just lazy media personalities pushing the same old tired lines. I really used to get irritated by comments over the years like "The Sydney crowd actually understand the rules now" when we were calling "BALL!!!"

Interesting to see at the SCG over the weekend that when an Essendon player was pinged for holding the ball, no one in the crowd was calling for it. The interpretations are so inconsistent that I feel like we actually don't know when to call for it anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234