Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 10 vs Carlton Blues Friday 7:50PM @ Marvel - Pre-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Cmon , you cant say they were first class . Castagna is a spud , Butler they moved on cause he couldnt even get a game with them , Rioli they moved to HB cause he was such a bust fwd !
    At the time all 3 were very good and the forward pressure was manic. Add to them Edwards and Lambert. Butler left because of salary cap squeeze. Castagna is still a good player but his accuracy has deserted him. Rioli had a huge form slump but is playing well at HB. But in come Shai Bolton. What a star, a star who's forward pressure is manic

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    So it's simply Campbell in for Rowbottom, then shuffle the deckchairs a bit.
    Why bother with deck chairs. Just plonk him in the mids. He's a. I'd being played out of position. The experiment has not been a success. Let him get his, teeth into the mid role

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Its not a like for like swap so we would have to move someone else into the midfield as Campbell is not playing in the guts at present. I think a like for like swap would be:

In Clarke
    Out Rowbottom

Clarke is no star but he can play a tagging role and has plenty of grunt around the contest which is what we really need to match Carlton in the contest.

Cripps, Hewitt and Walsh are a formidable starting midfield for us to counter. Hopefully, we can nullify them on the night. Cripps is the one that most worries me as he is in rare form and can be a match winner if we give him too much room.
    Campbell is a midfielder being played as a back. It is not working. Put him in the mids. He is a natural mid

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Draper comes hard from behind. He uses his arm in a downward motion fist clenched. His forearm comes across and down Blakey's head. Someone on Big Footy said when they sw it they thought Draper had killed him. It was a very violent motion and should have been cited. He made no attempt to hit the ball, only the head, which he did hit and in the aftermath the ball came out of Blakey's hands on his way down
    There seems some uncertainty as to where exactly Draper struck the Lizard, but your summation of his intent looks 100% to me Wolfy. Unfortunately the AFL decided to base their tribunal/match review system on reults rather than actions, which means on this occasion Draper gets away with it - presumably he'll repeat his actions again and again until he actually does cause damage to a Melbourne based player, a which point presumably the AFL will act.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Horse says of Parker's interraction with Dylan Shiel - "We touched on it as part of the review, we didn’t talk about it for too long at all."
    Yep, only 4 words were needed "Don't be a dick"

Regular in the Side
    it worries me that the forum is being taken ovedr by people who want to argue about anything, probably have never played aussie rules in their lives.

Senior Player
    Happy 21st for the Chad today and let’s hope he celebrates with a few trademark goals tomorrow night.
    Gee we have some exciting young players coming through.
    It’s a great time to be a Swans supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    it worries me that the forum is being taken ovedr by people who want to argue about anything, probably have never played aussie rules in their lives.
    I don't think having played the game is a prerequisite for making sensible comments, how many games has Liz played?
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 19th May 2022 at 10:38 AM.

Senior Player
    No it isn’t 😄

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Happy 21st for the Chad today and let’s hope he celebrates with a few trademark goals tomorrow night.
    Gee we have some exciting young players coming through.
    It’s a great time to be a Swans supporter.
    He is a bloody ripper . Future captain and will be top 5 player in the comp

I’ve never played the game in my life. I had the misfortune of being born overseas. I hope that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t contribute to this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’ve never played the game in my life. I had the misfortune of being born overseas. I hope that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t contribute to this forum?
    Don’t have to have played to enjoy it or have opinions. Plenty of male obstetricians who have never given birth.

You can still know plenty about footy from watching, without playing.

And given some of the commentators out there, playing footy doesn’t always equate to sensible opinions either.
    Last edited by goswannies; 19th May 2022 at 10:37 AM.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast