Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mid Season Draft

Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    Please for the love of god a small defender not RESTING MIDS.

You can see how a proper defence nullified Carlton smalls today.
    Agree totally defence is were we need to look . See the difference when we sent Mills back , but that’s robbing Peter to pay Paul as he is our best midfielder . Makes me think surely Gould could play Rampe’s role freeing up Rampe to roam and control the backline like Mills done Friday night Either that or a ready made 6 foot midfielder with leg speed we get slaughtered against taller midfields . But they don’t grow on trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Agree totally defence is were we need to look . See the difference when we sent Mills back , but that’s robbing Peter to pay Paul as he is our best midfielder . Makes me think surely Gould could play Rampe’s role freeing up Rampe to roam and control the backline like Mills done Friday night Either that or a ready made 6 foot midfielder with leg speed we get slaughtered against taller midfields . But they don’t grow on trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, time to unleash the Gould! Mills back to mid and use Ramps as our sweeper.

I love that our pick is straight before Geelong. We've gazumped them a number of times over the years and I never get tired of it!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Melbourne, Brisbane and Dogs not participating. Swans and Gold Coast indicated they may pass if preferred players not still available.

We have pick 11

Ex Swans Academy? Jacob Bauer in the mix

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Melbourne, Brisbane and Dogs not participating. Swans and Gold Coast indicated they may pass if preferred players not still available.

We have pick 11

Ex Swans Academy? Jacob Bauer in the mix
    I think our approach is fair enough. Our list build is now in a 'needs' phase - where we have particular holes to target (eg: a long-term partner for Logan, a good small forward companion for Paps, a good small defender). If that player is there, great. If not, no point grabbing a run-of-the-mill midfielder who'll spend the next 12 months accumulating possessions alongside Taylor or Clarke in reserves, just because they were there and we 'could' take them.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Latest 'rumours' from FOX Footy

AFL draft 2022 tracker: Late mail, mock draft, phantom, Oskar Faulkhead Essendon, Josh Carmichael, Jai Culley

Sydney, which isn’t expected to pass on Wednesday night despite having Pick 11, would also consider Bauer and D’Ambrosio if they were still on the board. The Swans have also shown interest in Hugo Hall-Kahan – an exciting hybrid forward that has great speed and endurance and could fit in anywhere on an AFL field. Should Hall-Kahan still be on the board at Pick 14, expect St Kilda to pounce as it tried to nominate Hall-Kahan as an NGA prospect after discovering late in the picture he was eligible under rules, only for the AFL to deny the club’s application.
    Here's an article on HHK

Always injured to mid-season draft prospect: ex-Haileyburian's journey | Dandenong Star Journal

Veteran Site Admin
    That's an awful lot of injuries. Clubs would want to be confident his body will stand up to AFL footy. (Though I guess the mid-season rookie list is relatively low risk from the clubs' perspective.)

The Tiges have grabbed Bauer - ex Swans Academy.

We get..... Hugo Hall-Kahan.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

On the Rookie List
    Hope he goes well as we have just drafted him!

Ranked 7th by Chris Doerre.

Considered to be versatile with an unclear best position.

Sounds like a decent, but very raw, forward (kicked 11 goals in 4 games in the NAB league) and only 18 years of age. More of a long term than short term prospect

I'm surprised that Mutaz El Nour wasn't selected. He looked pretty good when he played against us in the VFL. Someone to consider in the regulars drafts later this year.

HHK looks a good selection. He could offer another medium forward option in lieu of players like Bell and Stephens, who haven't progressed the way we might have hoped for. It's a shot in the dark, but looks a decent shot.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast