Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mid Season Draft

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I believe I will call him Dirty Harry (Callaghan)

I think Freo has won the Mid Season draft. Check out the highlights for Sebit Kuek on Freo's AFL website.

Official AFL Website of the Fremantle Dockers

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think Freo has won the Mid Season draft. Check out the highlights for Sebit Kuek on Freo's AFL website.

With the proviso that it is just a highlights reel, he certainly makes it all look very easy, doesn't he. Moves oh-so-smoothly and his kicking looks effortless.

Veterans List
    Always got to laugh at the Winner/Loser articles that appear, within minutes it seems, of trade periods and drafts being completed.

A look at the scribes winners and losers a few years down the track would show a different picture.

The great Dodoro, always a trade week/fortnight winner might look a whole lot less great a few years after his winning was proclaimed!

We are never winners because we don't get the hyped high picks but instead quietly go about turning mid/late picks and rookies into gems.

In my own backyard, Crows were declared winners five years ago getting draft steal Darcy Fogarty at a measly pick 12 and what about the great pick 9/pick 14 pair of Chase Jones and Ned McHenry four years back or pick 6 on Fischer McAsey? I quietly chuckle about the Crows "winning" drafts.

A bit reminiscent of another number 23. I assume that the knock on him, was that at 75kg, he may have been considered a bit fragile for AFL. But of course, for the bigger boys to hurt him, they have to catch him.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Always got to laugh at the Winner/Loser articles that appear, within minutes it seems, of trade periods and drafts being completed.

A look at the scribes winners and losers a few years down the track would show a different picture.

The great Dodoro, always a trade week/fortnight winner might look a whole lot less great a few years after his winning was proclaimed!

We are never winners because we don't get the hyped high picks but instead quietly go about turning mid/late picks and rookies into gems.

In my own backyard, Crows were declared winners five years ago getting draft steal Darcy Fogarty at a measly pick 12 and what about the great pick 9/pick 14 pair of Chase Jones and Ned McHenry four years back or pick 6 on Fischer McAsey? I quietly chuckle about the Crows "winning" drafts.
    Yes, they're largely opinion 99%, evidence 1%.

Senior Player
    In my opinion a defender would have been a priority but from what I have read the number of quality options available was limited.
    Hugo is a good pick for us with plenty of upside given how little football he has played over the last few years. As someone said almost a free hit for us.
    Interesting that some of the reviews of him mentioned that he has some potential as an attacking defender and I wonder if this is a possible option for us in drafting him ?
    We have had some success previously in turning forwards into defenders 😀
    Shout out to Heath, Ted and now Paddy as examples.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    First Swans hyphen since Dennis-Lane I believe?
    LRT says hello I mean he was nicknamed the Hyphenator by some 😀

Regular in the Side
    And Tom

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    And Tom
    And Leo before them all.

Veterans List
    Reading that, I can see why the Swans picked him. He has character. We probably had Bauer in mind but once Richmond swooped on him, HHK was probably a gimme.

Veterans List

Looks the complete package.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast