Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9 vs Bombers @ SCG - match thread

Senior Player

Round 9 vs Bombers @ SCG - match thread

Here's the match centre - no late changes as of now.

Clouds have parted, beautiful day in Sydney right now. Looks like most of the game will be played at or above 20 degrees C. I'm heading there shortly.

3 losses at home in a row - surely not! Go the Bloods.

Suspended by the MRP
    Mark my words , if any of Hayward ,Florent, Wicks, Ladhams or Bell puts in a stinker i am going to put them on blast . Cant carry passengers every week , time for them to do something to get this team moving forward or it will be same result as last 2

Suspended by the MRP
    Sorry to be negative , i am nervous

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Mark my words , if any of Hayward ,Florent, Wicks, Ladhams or Bell puts in a stinker i am going to put them on blast . Cant carry passengers every week , time for them to do something to get this team moving forward or it will be same result as last 2
    I agree with the others (maybe a bit rough on Florent) but ladhams has hardly been a passenger.

I thought Florent was good v Lions. He’s playing a different role now so unfair to expect him to get a lot of the ball.

Imo, these three things are absolutes for 4 quarters tonight:
    1) be switched on for the opening bounce. It's no use playing catch up footy
    2) every contest needs to be fiercely contested. We have dropped off on that stat this year and is clear for every team to see
    3) be the skilful team we know we are. Let's provide options for the player with the ball, lower our eyes when we go inside 50 and hit the player with a handball or kick. There were way too many unforced turnovers last week with poor skill execution.

These things will help us go a long way towards a win tonight.

Veterans List
    Lose tonight and we may slip to eighth at rounds end, whether the Saints win or lose (and they lose by not much!).....it's a must win game for us to stay in touch with the top four.

Mark26 is right, we must get a strong start tonight....and then maintain the rage for the entire game.

We need to play ourselves into some good form to prepare for three tough games leading into the bye.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 14th May 2022 at 06:12 PM.

Love it. Classic TB.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Love it. Classic TB.
    Only you could be impressed by that 'tough talk'. The rest of us just sigh.....and then sigh again when we read your 'response'.

What are your thoughts on tonights game Banga?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Only you could be impressed by that 'tough talk'. The rest of us just sigh.....and then sigh again when we read your 'response'.

What are your thoughts on tonights game Banga?
    Time to make a ghost account where I compliment my own insights!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Strong vibes

I’ll Spew Up!! (Short) - YouTube
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Love it. Classic TB.
    That’s right, Banga. Let’s hope Wicks and Bell play a lot better than in their last senior game. I’m not holding my breath!😁

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast