Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 10 v Carlton @ Marvel Stadium

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Thought Rampe had a good game after being shifted onto Curnow at 1/2 time.

T.Mc had a shocker tonight, but he’s young - it happens. Looked really down on confidence after losing Charlie a few times.

Thought we missed Rowbottom at the coal face.

The free kick against Warner for running too far was a killer. Didn’t seem like he ran too far but that the ump missed his bounce?

We needed more from our rucks tonight, nothing from them aside from the 3rd qtr.

Logan was a solid target all night - hopefully a breakout game for him.

Sad end for Kennedy if the hamstring is as bad as it looked.

Veterans List
    Campbell, in a bit over a half had 11 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles and 1 clearance.

In to stay now and more time in the mids.

Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    We gave up 10 goals in the 2nd quarter with Carlton missing their best forward i cant imagine how many Mckay would of kicked with that level of dominance.

Margin in the end was absolutely flattening towards us.
    It’s flattened me, the game gave me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by COB View Post
    Sick of umpire whingers. Second half we won the contested possessions by 7 having being -31 at half time and we then win the frees by 1 having being -12 at half time. Easier to win the frees if in first at the ball or getting more inside F50 which won easily at f/t having been down by 14 at half time.
    What game were you watching COB? An incredible number of the dumbest decisions since the GF of 2016, and momentum changers too. That said, we were hopeless in the second quarter but redeemed ourselves in the third and fourth, but were still killed by awful frees against us.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    One of those umpires really needs to go back to clown school and learn what 15 metres is ha - several 'not 15 metres' were 20m +!!!
    Crazy.

It's good to see umps finally start policing it (it was let go for years) but you can see they apply it at a team level. It's not that they get the occasional one wrong, my issue is they usually apply it to one team while another just gets away with it. The Cats got away with it for a decade, right up to this year but have now changed their game so it's no longer a factor.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    It’s flattened me, the game gave me a headache.
    Muting the vomit inducing commentary helped you only hear your own gnashing of the teeth at some of the umpiring decisions.

O

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Bell seems keen and committed at times but then kinda has a go and then wanders off. I don't think he is yet ready for the big time.
    Bell picks the ball up and can stand up in a tackle. We confuse strong mature body with big bodied ball inning clearance mids.

Never looks like breaking a tackle, line or applying the fwd pressure a fwd needs to

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Campbell, in a bit over a half had 11 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles and 1 clearance.

In to stay now and more time in the mids.
    Had a very good impact
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    Muting the vomit inducing commentary helped you only hear your own gnashing of the teeth at some of the umpiring decisions.

O
    Hard to decide if Carlton crowd or biased commentary was more nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Hard to decide if Carlton crowd or biased commentary was more nauseating.
    I was suprised we could see the screen in the second quarter, the way that pair in the commentary box were going at it.

I guess Brayshaw has @@@@@@@ all to hope for his LolNorf, so will jump on any gravy train for a bit of relief.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I was suprised we could see the screen in the second quarter, the way that pair in the commentary box were going at it.

I guess Brayshaw has @@@@@@@ all to hope for his LolNorf, so will jump on any gravy train for a bit of relief.
    They are instructed to act that way AFL just needs Essendon to get their @@@@ together so they can all bask in the glory days of the mighty V.

While I'm happy if Buddy plays on next year (on a lot less $ of course), I sort of wouldn't be unhappy if he bows out too. Logan is coming along very well. What I love is his ability to impact a contest from any angle. Still 1 on 1 has some work to do as his body build strength, but he reads the game well, uses the ball well, and is a good kick of the footy in general play. He is going to be an utter beast of a player in the not too distant future.
    I’d love to see Logan play as a deep forward. Great hands and generally a lovely kick.

Bud at CHF/HFF or on a wing. He’s still bombing then from 45-60+ meters and his laser like passing makes me think “Jordan who?”. I could get used to “Buddy to Logan” or “Logan watches another booming Buddy kick sail over his head”!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Just announced on Seven that the Swans and Franklin are in talks regarding a contract extension. I'm happy.
    I might need something more substantial than that