Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 11 v Richmond Friday 7:50 pm SCG Pre Game Thread.

Let’s hope the MC has listened to the silent majority here at RWO and it’s Roberts for Bell, rather than an injury. And that Campbell plays a full game (not sure at whose expense)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Saw a lot of him last year playing SANFL seniors with South Adelaide, competitive, good disposal and runs all day. Was rapt when we called his name at pick 34, later than he should have gone IMO, now we'll see.

So it's Rowbottom and Roberts in for Kennedy and .....
    Hopefully Roberts straight into the mids

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Reid Roberts Rowbottom in
    Bell O’Riordan Kennedy Hickey out

The last 2 injured.

Emg McLean Stephens Bell O’Riordan

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Reid Roberts Rowbottom in
    Bell O’Riordan Kennedy Hickey out

The last 2 injured.

Emg McLean Stephens Bell O’Riordan
    I like the alliterative ins. Reid is okay as a second ruck and hopefully will mark a few and kick straight. Rowy will bring his hardness around the contest and Roberts should as well. I'm happy that Roberts gets to debut. I take it Campbell will also be in as there are four outs and three ins. Hopefully Stephens becomes the sub.

Great Reid again... Wtf does Amartey have to do to get a game

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I like the alliterative ins. Reid is okay as a second ruck and hopefully will mark a few and kick straight. Rowy will bring his hardness around the contest and Roberts should as well. I'm happy that Roberts gets to debut. I take it Campbell will also be in as there are four outs and three ins. Hopefully Stephens becomes the sub.
    Yes re Campbell

Looks like
    - Campbell for O'Riordan
    - Reid for Hickey
    - Rowbottom for Kennedy
    - Roberts for Bell
    Last edited by MattW; 26th May 2022 at 07:51 PM.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Good on Roberts.

It’s worth remembering that going into his draft year some had him ranked in the top five before he progressively slipped down the rankings. Whether that’s because his form wasn’t great, or he was victim to the occasional trend in recruiting to focus on what blokes can’t do (he’s not super athletic) vs what they can do (he can find the ball and win it) who knows.

But hopefully we’ve found another second round gem.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Great Reid again... Wtf does Amartey have to do to get a game
    At this stage I prefer Armatey playing a key role in the reserves to a bit part in the seniors. Also had an interrupted pre-season and missed some games so may not yet be match fit for seniors.
    Happy with the team. Nothing against them personally but happy when Bell O'Riordan and McLean not in the team.

I agree, Longmile, I would have preferred Amartey into the 22 to play forward and ruck. Reid is ok but we are planning for the future and must give our young talent a go. Otherwise we will lose them when their contracts are up

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by COB View Post
    At this stage I prefer Armatey playing a key role in the reserves to a bit part in the seniors. Also had an interrupted pre-season and missed some games so may not yet be match fit for seniors.
    Happy with the team. Nothing against them personally but happy when Bell O'Riordan and McLean not in the team.
    McLean is still fairly young
    for a tall player. not interested in writing him off.

Tell my why Sam Reid? Averages 1.5 at VFL level. Amartey averages 3.5 at same level. Reid is a hopeless ruck Amartey even beat Nic Nat. Amartey kicks goals, Reid points. Tell me WHY?????

The other ins are fully deserved.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Good on Roberts.

It’s worth remembering that going into his draft year some had him ranked in the top five before he progressively slipped down the rankings. Whether that’s because his form wasn’t great, or he was victim to the occasional trend in recruiting to focus on what blokes can’t do (he’s not super athletic) vs what they can do (he can find the ball and win it) who knows.

But hopefully we’ve found another second round gem.
    I gather he suffered an injury part way through the year and wasn't able to recapture his early season form when he returned. He also played a lot of senior SANFL in the second half, so there may be a tendency to erroneously compare someone on the fringes at senior level to someone dominating at U18 level.

But once he wasn't dominating, it may be that his lack of "sex appeal" (in purely footy terms) might have seen him slip. Luke Parker wasn't seen as a "sexy" player at age 18 and there are plenty of recruiters now scratching their heads over why they picked XXX over Parker.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast