Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Rd 14 vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Prior to yesterday, I had high hopes for Ladhams. He lost me with that performance, and I suspect, many of us as well as his teammates. It reminded me of that fateful final season for Hall when he kept giving away stupid frees and 50s. He went from one our best to a liability. Ladhams owes us big time. Take your deserved suspension and then go back to the Reserves and earn your place back in the team. That was not a bloods performance. He embarrassed the Club.
    Don’t be too hard, it’s just one game where he lost the plot. The first free when he threw Jones was a bit soft, the 2nd was simply stupid.

The umps also get carried away a bit and think the crowd is cheering them.

He was actually going okay in the ruck, Finlayson wasn’t even competing half the tine - but there needed to be more pressure from the rest of them as the GWS reject was able to gain a few clearances & we managed to make him look good. One particularly poor effort early in Q3 from Ollie saw F dance around for another clearance.

There was another time during that period of play when Finlayson should’ve been pinged for blocking - but Ladhams was done for “Pushing”. He’s allowed to try to get to the ball - wrong decision.

Then there’s Dixon who actually pushes Ladhams with 2 hands squarely in the back. Clear free kick. Not paid.

Things were not going his way, everyone else was doing stupid stuff (Rampe, Lloyd, Papley et Al)- frustration crept in and he lost his $&@? - it happens. At least he was showing some passion.

I don’t mind seeing him spend some time in the 2s, but let’s cut the guy some slack. He’s gonna be okay.

Rd 14 vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    One of the commentators (maybe Russuito) said "and that's why they let him go".
    The verbatim quote (at 12:51 to go in the 3rd qtr) is probably worse than you noted: “It might just confirm the reason why they pushed him out of the club, I think.”

I was amazed when he said that - it is pretty rare that an ex-player has a personal dig at a current player’s character (which I think was the implication). They normally protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    The verbatim quote (at 12:51 to go in the 3rd qtr) is probably worse than you noted: “It might just confirm the reason why they pushed him out of the club, I think.”

I was amazed when he said that - it is pretty rare that an ex-player has a personal dig at a current player’s character (which I think was the implication). They normally protect them.
    In Ricciuto’s defence, the former Crow is often a jerk who seems to have a bypass between his mouth and the few functioning neurones that pass as his brain. He often makes snide controversial public media comments even about his Crows and crosstown rivals while a Crows board member.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    In Ricciuto’s defence, the former Crow is often a jerk who seems to have a bypass between his mouth and the few functioning neurones that pass as his brain. He often makes snide controversial public media comments even about his Crows and crosstown rivals while a Crows board member.
    Again big deal

They pushed him out cos he was prone to throw a wild punch that got him a week. Who cares, had a few poor moments, so what.

Roo having a crack at a Port player, cornes having a crack at a magpie, who cares.

FYI, A few good notes on frees that were and werent paid too

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Don’t be too hard, it’s just one game where he lost the plot. The first free when he threw Jones was a bit soft, the 2nd was simply stupid.

The umps also get carried away a bit and think the crowd is cheering them.

He was actually going okay in the ruck, Finlayson wasn’t even competing half the tine - but there needed to be more pressure from the rest of them as the GWS reject was able to gain a few clearances & we managed to make him look good. One particularly poor effort early in Q3 from Ollie saw F dance around for another clearance.

There was another time during that period of play when Finlayson should’ve been pinged for blocking - but Ladhams was done for “Pushing”. He’s allowed to try to get to the ball - wrong decision.

Then there’s Dixon who actually pushes Ladhams with 2 hands squarely in the back. Clear free kick. Not paid.

Things were not going his way, everyone else was doing stupid stuff (Rampe, Lloyd, Papley et Al)- frustration crept in and he lost his $&@? - it happens. At least he was showing some passion.

I don’t mind seeing him spend some time in the 2s, but let’s cut the guy some slack. He’s gonna be okay.
    Great post. He's been good for us this year...comparing him to Barry Hall in his last season is absurd.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Great post. He's been good for us this year...comparing him to Barry Hall in his last season is absurd.
    Yes, I suspect his old teammates got into his head a bit and he lost the plot there for a while. It's probably not a hanging offence.
    How many times have you heard players talk about how hard it is for them coming up against their old friends and teammates the
    first time? It would make sense to me that it is a pretty challenging situation for many players.
    This reminds me of my all time favourite "player trading" story. Years ago in the NBA a player was traded mid game to the opposition
    team he was playing against in the first two periods. He was expected to change dressing rooms, suit up for his new team and play
    against his former team in the third and fourth periods. He quite rightly refused to come out of the sheds for the rest of the game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Detriment to the community. Ban him.
    No! Absolutely not.

Maybe just don't respond and ignore the responses to him. I for one find it entertaining to see the stubbornness unfold....and enjoy responding to it.

Should everyone miss out on these exchanges just because some are getting a bit annoyed?

Public forums represent general society.....therefore we have to take the good with the bad. As I said earlier, the world is never going to be a perfect place.....but there's no doubt education beats 'cancellation'.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    No! Absolutely not.

Maybe just don't respond and ignore the responses to him. I for one find it entertaining to see the stubbornness unfold....and enjoy responding to it.

Should everyone miss out on these exchanges just because some are getting a bit annoyed?

Public forums represent general society.....therefore we have to take the good with the bad. As I said earlier, the world is never going to be a perfect place.....but there's no doubt education beats 'cancellation'.
    Stevo, personally, I'm with you. You know I like that kind of banter. But we have to accede to wishes of the RWO community as a whole, including those who are not like us and finding all the rancor too upsetting. I can feel the tension on the forum growing over the past couple of years. Even though, like you, I don't mind the bickering, I don't get a good feeling about how things are evolving with the forum becoming TB-centric. Okay, we've made our feelings known, but we can see that the community want to go in a different direction. So be it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Stevo, personally, I'm with you. You know I like that kind of banter. But we have to accede to wishes of the RWO community as a whole, including those who are not like us and finding all the rancor too upsetting. I can feel the tension on the forum growing over the past couple of years. Even though, like you, I don't mind the bickering, I don't get a good feeling about how things are evolving with the forum becoming TB-centric. Okay, we've made our feelings known, but we can see that the community want to go in a different direction. So be it.
    Banter stops when one abuses or denigrates other posters.

Senior Player
    I don't have an issue with someone expressing an opinion, but there's a point when the opinion can morph into a mantra, a campaign, a crusade and loses all objectivity. I agree that the mood has shifted in here; it's become a bit of chore wading through some of these posts, and even though almost everyone else on the planet can see enormous upside in 21 year old 50 gamer James Rowbottom, old dog-with-a-bone doubles down even after Rowie has a blinder, the nit-picking, slandering, condemning continues apace. It's bleeding obvious that this lad is a talent. I fear we've wound up in a Trumpian 'I won in a landslide' rabbit hole.
    I'm not necessarily in favour of banning people, but surely it's time to show some self-awareness and some self-regulation, and get behind your team.
    However if banning is considered necessary, at least invite him back in 2029 so we can all celebrate Rowie's 200th game together.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Ludwig & Stevo, the whole thing with this bloke just really puts people off. It's beyond me why anyone would engage with him in the first place.
    James Rowbottom is, let's face it, he is just a young kid playing footy. Developing some personal set against some kid you don't even know and
    saying personal things about them when you are allegedly a full grown adult is just ****en weird. Really, it is not normal adult human behaviour.
    I'm not surprised in the slightest most on here won't have a bar of it.
    Last edited by KTigers; 20th June 2022 at 05:27 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Some of the community.....but is it enough for change? Having said that, I can't do anything about it if that's what the mod's decide.....maybe just shake my head.