Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Rnd 15 Pre-Match Thread, vs St Kilda

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I’m ok with these changes- Stephens needs to play even though there are some question marks. Liz foreshadowed that JMac may be out due to the knock he received. Not sure what the issue is with Harry- perhaps he didn’t pass a fitness test today, otherwise why was he selected in the first place? Sure hope Gould will be the sub, even though I hope no one gets injured! Just brings him a little closer to the team and then he can get selected in the very near future. With Amartey, we know he can play and has talent and no doubt opportunities will come for him but Gould hasn’t been given a short run of games and it is hard to follow the selectors thinking when both Ramps and Lloyd are nearing retirement, or in Lloyd’s case he may be traded at year’s end.
    'Health and Satefy Protocols' effectively means it's related to COVID.

"health and Safety Protocols". you've tested positive for Covid or a close contact under the AFL definition. Living with Covid. Hope Dylan has a blinder!

I wonder if Campbell has been set to play a tagging role on Sinclair, which is what I would do. With Hill out and possibly Sinclair wrapped up, their rebound out of defence should be diminished. Our selection of Stephens to replace JMac would also make more sense if Campbell plays as a forward. Campbell may have prepared all week for this role and we wouldn't want to shift him to the midfield and bring Ronke to do his role.

I think Ronke was more deserving of getting a game than Stephens, but hopefully Stephens can break out of his kicking slump in the seniors. It would be a big boost to the team and us hopeful supporters.

Sad to see McInerney out. One of my favourites. But great to see Fox get a run - he should've been in the team to start with IMO.

Glad they haven't resorted to giving Bell a game and are trying other players. Very sceptical of Stephens but fingers crossed he plays a decent game.

This is an interesting piece about us being too Buddy centric and how to fix it (by changing his role)

Swans must move on from Buddy-centric forward line

Suspended by the MRP
    Spewing

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    This is an interesting piece about us being too Buddy centric and how to fix it (by changing his role)

Reckon the article is spot on. He is a brilliant pass and kicks 55 metres with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

This has been discussed at some length on here . There are quite a few AFL media folks who have raised the same points over the past year or so. I'd like to see him play more up the ground as well. Our other forwards are better contested marks in traffic. Buddy on the lead is hard to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Spewing
    Don't forget to wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This has been discussed at some length on here . There are quite a few AFL media folks who have raised the same points over the past year or so. I'd like to see him play more up the ground as well. Our other forwards are better contested marks in traffic. Buddy on the lead is hard to stop.
    I think its like "Mills to the Midfield" in previous years, its been talked about, at length, everywhere except in the Sydney coaches box

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Lewis Taylor the only emergency not playing VFL for us. Lienert and Joyce not playing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Lewis Taylor the only emergency not playing VFL for us. Lienert and Joyce not playing for them.
    McLean added to emergencies.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011