Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 18 vs Fremantle at Optus, 7:30 PM Sat 16 July 2022

Senior Player

Rnd 18 vs Fremantle at Optus, 7:30 PM Sat 16 July 2022

Good chance to make top four if we win against the Dockers and win a few more after that.

Ladhams out with thumb surgery.

Logan would love to come to WA, see his family etc, but Almartey was great in the first quarter with the two marks and goals and competitive for the rest of the day. Reid was awesome.

So I would say just Hickey in for Ladhams.

Veterans List
    Yes, Logan is probably going to miss that trip home, given Reid and Amartey's excellent performances....but they may take him anyway if they think some family time would benefit him. Joel needs to start putting in four complete quarters but that will come with game time so won't be dropped this week one would think.

Hickey for Ladhams sounds about right.

They might take him as part of an extended squad. You always need a few extra reserves when you travel that far.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yes, Logan is probably going to miss that trip home, given Reid and Amartey's excellent performances....but they may take him anyway if they think some family time would benefit him. Joel needs to start putting in four complete quarters but that will come with game time so won't be dropped this week one would think.

Hickey for Ladhams sounds about right.
    I don't know for sure, as it's hard to keep tabs on everything happening during a game, but I suspect that after Ladhams was injured and subbed out, Amartey's time in the forward line was restricted to reduce the chances of losing another big man (and thus having no-one to support Reid in the ruck). I reckon he was largely forward only enough to give Buddy a rest, and then when he wasn't relieving Reid in the ruck, he was on the bench.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    They might take him as part of an extended squad. You always need a few extra reserves when you travel that far.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Maybe that's why Laidler got some extra training in this weekend, playing with Sydney Uni, just to make sure he's ready if needed. The VFL team plays on Friday night so there's no opportunity for players to double up across the squads. They'll likely take 25 (at least) over to Perth - the 23 and two emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't know for sure, as it's hard to keep tabs on everything happening during a game, but I suspect that after Ladhams was injured and subbed out, Amartey's time in the forward line was restricted to reduce the chances of losing another big man (and thus having no-one to support Reid in the ruck). I reckon he was largely forward only enough to give Buddy a rest, and then when he wasn't relieving Reid in the ruck, he was on the bench.
    You must be right on Amartey. I just looked up the stats and he had only 65% TOG. That would indicate that we are unlikely to drop Amartey, as we would want to take 3 ruck-capable players into the game, especially with Hickey just coming back from illness. McDonald will likely go to Perth as an emergency. Freo have quite a strong ruck division, so it will be a real challenge, both in the ruck and when they go forward.

I rate Freo as the best team in the comp atm. Both sides are at near full strength, so it will be a good test to see how they stack up.

If Ryan Clarke stays in the side, and I think he should, he is likely to tag Jordan Clark. So it should be fun for the commenters, especially if BT does the game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You must be right on Amartey. I just looked up the stats and he had only 65% TOG. That would indicate that we are unlikely to drop Amartey, as we would want to take 3 ruck-capable players into the game, especially with Hickey just coming back from illness. McDonald will likely go to Perth as an emergency. Freo have quite a strong ruck division, so it will be a real challenge, both in the ruck and when they go forward.

I rate Freo as the best team in the comp atm. Both sides are at near full strength, so it will be a good test to see how they stack up.

If Ryan Clarke stays in the side, and I think he should, he is likely to tag Jordan Clark. So it should be fun for the commenters, especially if BT does the game.
    It's Saturday night, so Taylor won't call it - he calls Thursday and/or Friday night and Sunday arvo.

The Channel 7 team on Saturday nights is Luke Darcy and Hamish McLachlan. But we'll be spared that duo this week, aa Carlton-Geelong is also Saturday night and Channel 7 will take that game.

As result, a Fox team will call the game, which generally means there's no need to mute.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

And on Amartey, the quarter by quarter stats are interesting:

Q1: 76% TOG, 3 disposals, 2 goals, 0 RCs (ruck contests)

Q2: 52% TOG, 2 disposals, 4 RCs, 1 HO

Q3: 58% TOG, 3 disposals, 7 RCs, 1 HO

Q4: 75% TOG, 0 disposals, 7 RCs, 5 HO

Ladhams was subbed in the second and Reid had 82%, 85% and 77% TOG in Q2-Q4.

So assuming Reid played primary ruck while on the field, the majority of Amartey's TOG was still other than primary ruck.

Agree with the general point that they'll likely want to play 3 ruck-capable players v Fremantle.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It's Saturday night, so Taylor won't call it - he calls Thursday and/or Friday night and Sunday arvo.

The Channel 7 team on Saturday nights is Luke Darcy and Hamish McLachlan. But we'll be spared that duo this week, aa Carlton-Geelong is also Saturday night and Channel 7 will take that game.

As result, a Fox team will call the game, which generally means there's no need to mute.
    Thank god , he is useless

Wowsers! I think TheBloods has a new rival for ChadMania! Just heard Damian Barrett talk on Footy Classified about his love of The Chad and made the huge call that he will win a Brownlow Medal as soon as 2023 or 2024! The panel were quite amused by his statement but he doubled down and stuck by his call saying they can revisit it!

ChadMania has finally reached the masses!!!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Wowsers! I think TheBloods has a new rival for ChadMania! Just heard Damian Barrett talk on Footy Classified about his love of The Chad and made the huge call that he will win a Brownlow Medal as soon as 2023 or 2024! The panel were quite amused by his statement but he doubled down and stuck by his call saying they can revisit it!

Thats a few who have said it now . Im telling you . I might not say things the right way but I have been around a long time and i know my stuff

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post

Robbo rates him the #1 pick in his draft year

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast