Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 vs St Kilda @ SCG

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Watching the third quarter again, and Ollie rightly gets a lot of plaudits for his goal.

But gee the Mills handball was soooooooooooooooo good. Seb Ross is closing in and thinks he’s nailed him. He does, but Mills gets it away anyway and as Ollie streams into goal you see Ross whip his head around to go what just happened.

Priceless
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Watching the third quarter again, and Ollie rightly gets a lot of plaudits for his goal.

But gee the Mills handball was soooooooooooooooo good. Seb Ross is closing in and thinks he’s nailed him. He does, but Mills gets it away anyway and as Ollie streams into goal you see Ross whip his head around to go what just happened.

Priceless
    The handball was excellent, but just as much the synergy between the two. Florent anticipated what Mills would do and kept running, ready to receive. Mills anticipated that Florent would keep running and be in a position to receive.

I guess there are loads of moments in any game where two players don't properly connect, so there's an element of luck/chance, but when you see two (or more) players so obviously on the same wavelength in a piece of play, well, that's one of my favourite things.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

Priceless
    My favourite part of that goal was Ollie knowing he had a Saint defender on his tail but not rushing the kick. He seems to have a sneaky peak at who's chasing him and thinks, "I've got him struggling - I'll take a few extra steps and make sure of it." A great goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    My favourite part of that goal was Ollie knowing he had a Saint defender on his tail but not rushing the kick. He seems to have a sneaky peak at who's chasing him and thinks, "I've got him struggling - I'll take a few extra steps and make sure of it." A great goal!
    It was a wonderful moment and as Liz said, showed a special combination and understanding between the two players. I’ll be watching it a few times, for sure!

Re: TB’s comment about money and sponsorship- a line can and should be drawn and we are hypocrites if we don’t see that this type of sponsorship shows where we’re really at. Of course we need the money but we shouldn’t compromise our principles: it just makes our own hands a little dirty.

Senior Player
    On a brighter note, was the sound level generated by the "game day experience" less on Saturday night than at previous games or was
    I imagining it? Could "people power" actually have had an effect and they turned down the PA from 11 (out of 10) to a measly 7 or 8?
    Last edited by liz; 27th June 2022 at 04:32 PM. Reason: post split between two threads

Suspended by the MRP
    How good is this , Healy was saying Paps asked to be put in the middle . Jmac did the same

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    On a brighter note, was the sound level generated by the "game day experience" less on Saturday night than at previous games or was
    I imagining it? Could "people power" actually have had an effect and they turned down the PA from 11 (out of 10) to a measly 7 or 8?
    I wondered the same thing during the game. The noise did seem lower volume, at least over in the O'Reilly stand.
    Last edited by liz; 27th June 2022 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Moved part of post to Club Sponsorship and Values split thread

Veterans List
    Ooops, I thought this was the Saints game thread, seems I've hit the wrong thread and stumbled into the Sponsorship/Morals thread - silly me!

Now where was that Saints game thread ........

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Interesting that Stephens got a vote from the coaches - the other 1pt was for Tom Mccartin so assuming that was Longmire giving the point to Stephens?

Also on a side note what happened with the umpiring - I don’t ever remember a game with a free kick count so lopsided in our favour. Have we changed our disposal / tackling technique?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ooops, I thought this was the Saints game thread, seems I've hit the wrong thread and stumbled into the Sponsorship/Morals thread - silly me!

Now where was that Saints game thread ........
    Nothing wrong with morals 707. Morals win over blood stained oil money every time....in a perfect world. Let's at least try to attain that last goal.

Suspended by the MRP
    How good , Stephens gets recognised by the coaches . 1 vote . He was fantastic to watch Sat night

Regular in the Side
    Coaches vote for R15
    Jake Lloyd (SYD)

7 Oliver Florent (SYD)

7 Nick Blakey (SYD)

2 Tom Papley (SYD)

2 Paddy McCartin (SYD)

1 Tom McCartin (SYD)

1 Dylan Stephens (SYD)