Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rd 16 vs Essendon Bombers @ MCG - Pre-Game Thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I hope we turn up and not expect this to be a fait accompli as we seem to do when playing teams below us.
    That's my concern for this game.

Also the Bombers scored 97 in a losing game last week, we won with 83. Very different games of course, and across the season our average scores are much higher (about 90 vs 75) but still - they can score high, we can score low.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I'm expecting the Bombers to be fired up this week to seek redemption from our last meeting involving Parker's s shrugging shoulder antics. Parker's 250th game. Gives Bombers double ammunition to target Parker this week. I hope we turn up and not expect this to be a fait accompli as we seem to do when playing teams below us.
    Where's Bangalore Swans? Is he still banned?

We need him to revive his alarm that the Bombers would so ruthlessly target Parker (like, sure thing you bunch of butterflies) that he should be rested from this game for fear of severe and permanent injuries.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    I heard that Luke was sitting this game out. Every time he sees something red & black, like a red car with black upholstery,
    or one of those red and black Titleist Staydry golf bags he starts feeling feint and has to go and lie down for a few hours.
    Kirky tried a hypnotherapy session with him, and he went to one of Roosy's Wellness Seminars but nothing seems to be
    working. So Horse decided it might be best if he was rested for Saturday's game. He's probably right.

Veterans List
    Injury List - this week on the Tuesday AFL website official injury list we only have Naismith and Kennedy. Then on our website Sheather has come out of cast into a moonboot and O'Riordan has ongoing problems.

In the past we've had plenty of ghost players, players on our list that don't appear on the injury list nor do they play at any level.

Why can't we have the full and correct list every Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Injury List - this week on the Tuesday AFL website official injury list we only have Naismith and Kennedy. Then on our website Sheather has come out of cast into a moonboot and O'Riordan has ongoing problems.

In the past we've had plenty of ghost players, players on our list that don't appear on the injury list nor do they play at any level.

Why can't we have the full and correct list every Tuesday?
    It must be hard being a nowhere man. It would be nice to put these players on the injury list, as a confidence booster. It's one thing not being good enough to make the AFL side, but not being good enough to make the injury list must be confidence draining.

Luke Hodge suggests Bombers should take a stand on Saturday

It’s the “perfect time” for Bombers to make a stand after Swan’s “insult”

It’s the first time Swans co-captain Luke Parker will face the Bombers since mocking Dylan Shiel earlier this season.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Luke Hodge suggests Bombers should take a stand on Saturday

It’s the “perfect time” for Bombers to make a stand after Swan’s “insult”

It’s the first time Swans co-captain Luke Parker will face the Bombers since mocking Dylan Shiel earlier this season.
    The thing about "making a stand" is you need to have the ability to back it up. Essendon may well knock us off but they'll need to bring their A-game and we'll need to be below par. Whatever happens, one thing's for sure - Luke Parker won't shirk it and either will any of his teammates!

GO BLOODS!

Senior Player
    I just find all this ''making a stand'' and ''a line in the sand'' talk totally infantile. Have they been watching too many Liam Neeson
    and Jason Statham movies or something. It's like they are all 12 years old. Isn't Luke Hodge in his mid to late 30s by now?

Veteran Site Admin
    And surely any embarrassment (in their own performance) Essendon felt from Parker's actions pales when compared to the pasting they have received all season from the media, not just for that game but for almost every other game they've played this season. If they were going to make a stand - sustained, not just in a one-off game against the Saints - they've had plenty of opportunities to do so by now.

Veterans List
    Happy we are playing at the G and not Marvel.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Fine for Hodge to say that, but has he looked at the Bombers. Who've they got that is a hard man. Maybe Draper or Caldwell. The rest are a bunch of buttercups.

I personally think the Bombers have some decent kids of good potential - Jones, Hobbs, Perkins, Reid, Cox, etc.

But to say they're a tough team is a joke.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Fine for Hodge to say that, but has he looked at the Bombers. Who've they got that is a hard man. Maybe Draper or Caldwell. The rest are a bunch of buttercups.

I personally think the Bombers have some decent kids of good potential - Jones, Hobbs, Perkins, Reid, Cox, etc.

But to say they're a tough team is a joke.
    Caldwell is a ripper young player

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast