Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 16 vs Essendon Bombers @ MCG - Pre-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    McDonald will have the word managed rather than rested. They have to find a way to bring Amartey into the side. Two brilliant performances in the VFL needs to be rewarded.
    He has been really good. Not just the last few weeks but all season

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Don't touch the backline, was huge against the Saints. Do not drop Fox! Harry must play VFL.

Essendon don't defend very well, Buddy, Reid, McDonald, Heeney, Paps will enjoy themselves.

Only change would be JMac provided he is 100% fit as he's been down on form prior to his missed game/bye. If he's not 100%, give him more time off to recover properly. Stephens should stay in meaning Campbell is the unlucky one if JMac returns..
    Agree completely.

Which end of the ground are the Swans cheer squad going to be in? I'm bringing my 5 year old for his first live game and wondering where the best spot is

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

Is level 1 section M29 Swans-friendly territory? I'm not too concerned if it isn't, but would be great if it is.

I feel that with Bombers traveling the way they are, I think the whole ground may be Swans Friendly 😁

It's going to be a very interesting match committee. Harry C and Juzzy were both selected last week. They are actually the incumbents. Fox and Stephens then come in as emergency replacements and play excellent games. This is a highly unusual situation. I wouldn't be surprised if both incumbents are selected in front of the emergencies. I don't necessarily agree but a similar selection policy has happened before (eg Sheldrick rd 1).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by turleyjoe View Post
    Which end of the ground are the Swans cheer squad going to be in? I'm bringing my 5 year old for his first live game and wondering where the best spot is
    Cheer squad always behind goals at city end

normally the city end of the ground

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Ponsford Stand end. Enter through Gate 1 (I think!)

And welcome to RWO! Dearly hope that you and your 5 year old see a big win on Saturday!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    I feel that with Bombers traveling the way they are, I think the whole ground may be Swans Friendly 😁
    We are going to the game. I am not expecting to see any Bombers fans there. They have given up and will all be at home
    thinking about Clarko for next year.

One of the things that impressed me was that Ryan Clarke did a very successful negating role against St Kilda, yet only gave up 2 FA - lets hope that, plus similar performances from others continue for the balance of the season

Veterans List
    JMac and Harry had Covid? No need to rush them back, give them another week to fully recover before considering for selection.

Don't see the need for Ladhams if Hickey has pulled up ok.

For once I want to see No Changes, maybe JMac for sub

Senior Player
    Both Cunningham and Jmac would benefit from coming back via the ressies. Both of them need to find form, and who could you drop after that win? There was only one player that underperformed and that was McDonald who seems to benefit from ressies games and comes back a bit better every time. If Amartey came in and took Reid's role and Reid took over McDonald's that would be a good outcome. Amartey is bashing the door down for a game.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast