Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Rd 16 vs Essendon Bombers @ MCG - Pre-Game Thread

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I suspect V & R doesn't really mean it. It is just a blurt on the interweb after all. Perkins is another from the "I want my cake
    (the salary that comes from it being a national comp) and to eat it too (I'm not playing for an interstate club)" school.
    Anyway he's not playing.
    Correct, and very well put. You've crystallised the sense of entitlement I find so obnoxious.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Wow that’s pretty harsh no matter what your feelings about what some 18 year old kid feels about his potential work place it’s just a game of football we are talking about.
    Wishing physical pain and potential life long health issues on them is a reaction that seems just a touch over the top
    How about I hope he develops an obsession with some obscure religious cult and spends the rest of his life living in Wyoming performing a raft of strange rituals. I agree with the rest of V&R's commentary however.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Wow that’s pretty harsh no matter what your feelings about what some 18 year old kid feels about his potential work place it’s just a game of football we are talking about.
    Wishing physical pain and potential life long health issues on them is a reaction that seems just a touch over the top
    I thought that at first, but sounded pretty tongue-in-cheek, so let it go.

Plus I got a bit of a history lesson on James Cook. Apparently they picked him up with #2 pick in 1990. Sydney traded the pick for ruckman Warren McKenzie.

I don’t remember either of them as I didn’t really jump on the Swans bandwagon until the early 90’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I thought that at first, but sounded pretty tongue-in-cheek, so let it go.

Plus I got a bit of a history lesson on James Cook. Apparently they picked him up with #2 pick in 1990. Sydney traded the pick for ruckman Warren McKenzie.

I don’t remember either of them as I didn’t really jump on the Swans bandwagon until the early 90’s.
    I’m pretty sure James Cook was Tasmanian so must have nominated he would only play for a Victorian club ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Remember James Davies in 2000 who said he would only play for Essendon. Drifted through to their first draft pick #17 and only played 3 games. A highly opinionated overrated spud. Their second pick at #27 also did not make the grade at Essendon but did well elsewhere. One Ted Richards!

Regular in the Side
    From who is not playing the VFL it looks like Clarke and Phillips are the medi-subs.

Rd 16 vs Essendon Bombers @ MCG - Pre-Game Thread

Oops

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678