Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy 2023 & beyond?

Robbo in 360 saying we’ve lowballed Buddy to make room for Dusty. Seriously!

I am feeling a little sad about the prospect of Buddy being retired or elsewhere next season. I can see both sides of this argument. It will be interesting to see how it plays out though. In the meantime, I hope he has a strong finish to 2021. Its in his interest to do so, even if he is looking to leave.

Will get done, in his interest to get done cos if he is injured before seasons end he is screwed

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Buddy and Pickers parted ways immediately after he joined the Swans. As Jacinta has now qualified as an agent she may be representing him.
    Mark Robinson said on 360 that Pickering was doing the negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Robbo in 360 saying we’ve lowballed Buddy to make room for Dusty. Seriously!
    AFL journalism is nothing more than the regurgitation of witless rumours and vacuous thought bubbles.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Mark Robinson said on 360 that Pickering was doing the negotiations.
    I figure Robbo was pumping Pickers for info on Buddy. Pickers gets annoyed, but realises that Robbo doesn't know that he's no longer Buddy's manager. So leads him down a merry way and leaves Robbo hanging out to dry.

Did I use enough idiotic lingo in that paragraph to justify the post?

Anyway, I can't see him uprooting and leaving Sydney. GWS can afford him. So he takes whatever the offer is or retires. I'm okay with either outcome.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 13th July 2022 at 10:39 PM.

Robbo also claimed Swans were lowballing Buddy to free up cap space for Dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Robbo also claimed Swans were lowballing Buddy to free up cap space for Dusty!
    In the peanut brain of Mark Robinson, this makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    With reports that Buddy is contemplating a move away from the Swans because of the disparity between what Franklin is reporting asking ($700-$800k) and what the Swans are reportedly offering ($500k) - exacerbated by Jacinta potentially representing Bud as his agent - I thought this will undoubtedly be a major topic of discussion and probably deserves its own thread.
    Where are you getting those figures from? The Age article linked by MattW reports quite different figures.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The Herald Sun reporting on the gap between the Swans offer and the ask from Buddy's camp. $500K vs $7-800K. Suggestion he may go elsewhere blah blah.

We all love the great man, but personally I think our offer is fair given his age, our cap, what he's already earned, etc.

I don't begrudge him asking it, and I sincerely hope he stays, but we have a responsibility to do what's right for the club. The $2-300K difference can force a younger player out next year, or see other contracts back ended and cause problems later when we're trying to resign a lot of talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    Given the sanctions we suffered for getting him ... we pretty much lost 2 years when he was injured at his most expensive ... his game time as to be managed when not 100 percent ... any new injury could end his season ... young player development is being hampered ... it would be an ugly end if he went elsewhere for a few dollars more.
    Go to $600k....surely Bud wants to end his career with us and keep things pure and untainted!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 13th July 2022 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Where are you getting those figures from? The Age article linked by MattW reports quite different figures.
    Tyson Otto news.com.au

Mark Robinson (FOX) also gave the $700-800k Buddy figure and another FOX article cites the Swans $500k

I suspect - given the Swans have historically don’t discuss contract details - it’s all made-up speculation based on the imaginings of a journo that everyone has run with. I’m content to wait and see. I’ll trust in Bud and the Swans

I believe that Jacinta is his manager so whatever they negotiate it stays in the family. I’d be comfortable if the club agreed to $550-$600k for next season.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast