Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 19 teams?

Veterans List
    I think a roof is necessary because of the high likelihood of dreadfully cold and windswept weather down there both for games and training.

Without that, I reckon non Tasmanian draftees will be heading to the trade door very quickly and games might be of an ordinary standard due to poor weather. I know there is lots of ok weather in Hobart through winter but there's some bitter cold weather as well.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    As much as I despise Gil, there’s a small bit of me that wonders if that asterisk of requiring State and Fed funds was put next to the whole Tassie concept to kill it given he deep down knows the whole thing is unfinancial. We’re all attracted to the romance of them having a team, but the economics are diabolical.
    Could easily be true.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    As much as I despise Gil, there’s a small bit of me that wonders if that asterisk of requiring State and Fed funds was put next to the whole Tassie concept to kill it given he deep down knows the whole thing is unfinancial. We’re all attracted to the romance of them having a team, but the economics are diabolical.
    The AFL has a long history of seeking to achieve it's desired outcomes, by whatever expedient necessary - It was a constant motif of "The Boys Club" - so you could be correct. In which case should you be applauding it?
    I am not sure whether the economics are diabolical, I've heard arguments from both sides - but an decision making process that depends on underhand means rather than honest evaluation of the pros and cons is genuinely diabolical.
    I've never seen an organisation where the seperation of ends and means wasn't a clear marker for endemic and deep seated corruption based inefficiency. The AFL has been an effective monopoly for so long, it's enabled it to thrive despite being an organistational flustercluck.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 27th December 2022 at 08:03 AM.

Veterans List
    19 teams in a future Gather Round, who doesn't play a game?

Spot on. It will be a rod for there own back when the backlash comes, but Gill will be long gone by then

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    19 teams in a future Gather Round, who doesn't play a game?
    GWS.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678