Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The JPK tribute thread.

One thing that gives me thought. If I’m to understand correctly, several weeks ago Joey indicated he might wish to play on next year when asked about 300 games. Horse, I thought, also said it would be considered at the right time.

Joey tore his hammy. Came back. And was on track for senior return on the back of some good VFL form (and was as far as being selected as the sub).

Injures the other hammy. Announces retirement.
    With the intention of trying to get himself right to play again if able (would JPK be eligible for VFL finals?).

Now, if Joey managed to recover and return before seasons end (and let’s not factor in a premiership, as that would be a good sign off), why couldn’t he go on next year as planned, charging toward 300?

Or, if he doesn’t get back - Joey’s intention was to try to return this year. Thus, even if he doesn’t, it would give him an entire pre-season to get over the soft tissue injuries he sustained late season, to continue next year toward 300 as he pondered several weeks ago.

Or maybe, it’s just time

Regardless, he has been a true Blood. A warrior. An inspiration. He can depart on his terms … even if his terms are not quite his terms … knowing that he gave us, his teammates, and himself everything (and then some). A Swan for life.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Josh. Without those topless pre-season training shots of you guys like me, cursed with a similar physique, would have continued to feel ashamed.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    For me the first half of the 2016 GF he was superb despite myself having the memory of incredible bias umpiring, I won't forget his first half. Don't forget in the first quarter last Sunday he got 10 disposals in the first quarter and if the hamstrings behaved they was still some good football left in him.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Is it worth sending this thread to the Swans? I did see they had a form on their website for people to send Joey their thanks.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Or maybe, it’s just time
    I think the three medi-sub games (and subsequently three reserves games) were the writing on the wall for him. Given we would be expected to improve further next season, it was always going to be tough to make it back into best 22.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I think the three medi-sub games (and subsequently three reserves games) were the writing on the wall for him. Given we would be expected to improve further next season, it was always going to be tough to make it back into best 22.
    Actually, in his retirement press conference, I think there was a very brief mention that he had made the decision before the most recent injury. Father Time. Though art cruel. But Joey defied him for so long.

Veterans List
    A good read with some stunning stats:

Josh Kennedy by the numbers

An absolute beast.

Veterans List
    If one doesn't haven't a little tear in the eye while watching this there's something wrong.....I wish he could play just one more time.

Josh Kennedy's message to our members and fans

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234