Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The JPK tribute thread.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Probably my favourite finals performance of his, was in a 2010 final against a star studded Carlton
    What a superb game that was, with an exciting finish. A sunny Sunday afternoon and one of the better games for atmosphere at ANZ. The TDL chase-down, tackle and goal!

I was up quite high with the cheers and roars floating up. Judd looked pretty crushed at the end as I recall.

Ben so blessed to have had Joey at the club for so long as a magnificent player, role model, captain and great bloke.

There’s never been a hint of swagger or braggadocio about him, he just kept playing with incredible grit and will to win mentality.

Be greatly missed .
    Thanks Josh.

Senior Player
    Bloods legend who will be immortalised in the history of our club and deservedly so.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    The video of him telling his teammates says it all. JPK very emotional about leaving and John Longmire very emotional in his response.

A true Bloods legend.

Thanks for everything JPK!

When the Swans were at their best, I would say the 5 years from 2012-2016. Josh was our best player. I can't imagine us being the competitive team we were without him. He empitomised everything it was to be a Sydney Swan. When we speak about the Bloods culture, it is Josh Kennedy who I think about.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Remember that game very well - he was enormous in that last quarter. A real coming of age moment for him.

His 2016 grand final effort was one of the all time great performances in a beaten team. Should have won the Norm Smith for mine that day, as he was enormous is trying to drag us against the odds over the lines.

But there were so many immense finals moments in his career - look up definition of 'big game player' and his picture is right there.

Well done JPK on an absolute amazing career - and you never, never know. Could there be one last twist to come (given he has not retired immediately). Seems very unlikely, but footy gods do some funny things sometimes!
    Have to take your word for it on 2016, as even though I've tried to watch the game on replay a few times, I've never got past about half way through the third quarter. But I'm sure he put in a big effort.

And I think effort is the appropriate word for his game style. Always going in hard, always making a contest, never giving up. And generally having a persona, where actions speak louder than words.

Goes up to 11
    Dead set legend.

And would be quite handy as a sub if he can somehow make it back for finals.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Dead set legend.

And would be quite handy as a sub if he can somehow make it back for finals.
    +1 I was thinking the same particularly if we make & win the GF!

Read through the thread & concur with all the heartfelt accolades. In my books, I place Joey right up alongside Skilton & Kelly in terms of humbleness and Captaincy. Legendary Blood.

Heard crazy stat on SEN today with Joey being accredited with an average of 16 contested clearances in Finals. Daylight to second with 12 to Dangerfield.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Probably my favourite finals performance of his, was in a 2010 final against a star studded Carlton. We got out to a handy lead at half time, due in part to goals from lesser lights, like Paul Bevan and Trent Dennis-Lane. In the third, Judd went berserk and they got the lead back. However, in the last, a young Joey just monstered their midfield and we ground out a thrilling victory.
    And Trent Dennis-Lane made a mighty tackle and kicked truly. Great match.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Nothing more to add other than he is one of the Swans greatest and, from the couple of times I met him, a genuinely good person.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Just watched the 'announcement' video.....boy that was hard to watch. What a champion bloke JPK is....and we have a champion bloke as our coach too. I'm definitely teary after that.

Senior Player
    I watched it last night. It was obviously extremely difficult for him (JPK) to get out the words. Totally understandable. It'll be interesting
    to see what he does next. His stature on the field and within the club is matched by very few in the nearly 40 years I've been going to
    games and been a Swans supporter. I'm not usually a big fan of the role model thing, but if a young footballer followed JPK's lead
    in how he conducts himself on the field and off it's hard to see how he could go wrong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast