Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 22: vs Collingwood on Sunday 14 August, 3:20 PM at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    In Bell Campbell Gould Ladhams
    Out Ronke

The extended bench are the 4 ins above and Stephens McDonald Blakey McInerney

Pies bring in C.Brown Henry and Kelly
    Ok, who should be the sub? I opt for Campbell as he is the most versatile in that group. Please, leave Bell in the ressies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Simpler to just say score more than Collingwood!
    They don’t score more than 100 points very often. But compared to the start of the year they have become miserly in terms of opposition score.
    They are away and when they have played away from Melbourne they have beaten suns and Adelaide by only 5 points.
    I reckon we have more than normal chance of scoring more than them. We just need to stop their ball movement - outside run and f50 entries.

Senior Player
    As long as we come out hard from the first bounce I think Collingwood will decide it's all too hard and eleven wins in a row is a
    jolly good show (which it is) and this is the loss they had to have. We'll then win comfortably. I'm calling it now.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Ok, who should be the sub? I opt for Campbell as he is the most versatile in that group. Please, leave Bell in the ressies!
    Bell had a good game in the VFL 25 disposals 2 goals 9 marks 6 tackles. On that basis alone he might get the nod.

Don’t bomb it to where their talls are camped under it . Please .

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    As long as we come out hard from the first bounce I think Collingwood will decide it's all too hard and eleven wins in a row is a
    jolly good show (which it is) and this is the loss they had to have. We'll then win comfortably. I'm calling it now.
    I’m tipping a win by the total of their last 11 wins. Maybe 75 points or so?

Or they’ll get up by a point.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Don’t bomb it to where their talls are camped under it . Please .
    Yes. Note to Swans players. If you see a tall person wearing a black and white jumper, don't - repeat - don't
    kick the ball near him. OK, are we crystal clear on that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post

Or they’ll get up by a point.
    Don't be like that.
    Last edited by KTigers; 12th August 2022 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Bell had a good game in the VFL 25 disposals 2 goals 9 marks 6 tackles. On that basis alone he might get the nod.
    Unfortunately it counts for nothing, Ugg. In the big time he can’t reproduce that form and apart from 1-2 occasions he’s been pants. Campbell has the upside plus a beautiful kick!

This Maynard character looks a solid unit: does he go with Logan, Isaac or Will?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    This Maynard character looks a solid unit: does he go with Logan, Isaac or Will?
    Maynard and Howe to try and come off their man to influence contest. That’s how they play. Whoever plays on them have to be really good to stop them from helping out and also drag them away from contest. Reckon Logan will be marked by Howe and Maynard on Heeney. Darcy Moore is known to play a bit loose this year but is athletically great and I am hoping that Buddy gets hold of him if that happens. Hayward, Clarke and Logan to play that defensive first mentality on their backs and prevent intercept marks.
    It’s going to be a great game

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Unfortunately it counts for nothing, Ugg. In the big time he can’t reproduce that form and apart from 1-2 occasions he’s been pants. Campbell has the upside plus a beautiful kick!
    Agree 100%. Bell has been tried a few times in seniors only to show he is a great VFL player but struggles with the next step up. Campbell has better kicking and ball skills.

Don't know who the medi-sub will be yet, but it seems the team is unchanged: TEAMS: Power load up, Hawks veteran in, Dons drop young guns.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast