Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Round 22: the other games. A few mini finals and plenty of meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Essendon remain my most loathed club, and I couldn’t be happier seeing them in a @@@@ heap.

“Whatever it takes” was such a timely slogan.
    Same here.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    When I watch the Essendon saga, I'm just glad we are such a well run club.

They've been aimless for 15-20 years, churned through coaches, concocted a drugs scandal, traded for overpaid duds, sustained that gross under performer in Dodoro, assume they're going to succeed because they're a 'big club', and generally are a hot mess. And now they run, without any due diligence, to Clarko because they're all screaming 'do something!!'. Although I think they have some young talent on their list, I'd be wary as a coach signing onto what that club represents and how it is run. Got Malcolm Blight to the Saints feels for me.
    ..... and can't even do back up copies of that most important spreadsheet from 2012!

Although I believe Dodoro has a copy he keeps, just to remind anyone at the club who threatens his status :-)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought Buckley's comments on this (on a segment of this morning's Whately show on SEN) were spot on. It's footage taken out of context and it's impossible to draw any conclusions.

I've read elsewhere (on BF) that it's footage from two weeks ago, at the end of a match where they were thrashing North Melbourne, and Hind had just been dragged for giving away a 50m penalty.

When a player snubs the coach on national TV.... | Page 2 | BigFooty Forum
    Yes it was explained it was from a couple of weeks ago and it was after he had given away a free. However, that doesn't excuse his behaviour after multiple attempts by the coach to get his attention.

Veterans List
    With the current political controversy, I did have a chuckle yesterday when someone posted that Scomo had appointed himself coach of the Bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    With the current political controversy, I did have a chuckle yesterday when someone posted that Scomo had appointed himself coach of the Bombers.
    In that case he’s probably appointed himself coach of GWS and North Melbourne as well ... maybe even Port?

Looking ahead to tomorrow night's blockbuster Lions v Demons, I'm a bit torn about who I want to win. I don't mind either club. I possibly prefer the match up for us to play the Demons in week 1 of the finals, which is likely what will happen if we both win (hopefully hosted by us). However, I also have in mind that we have Melbourne's first round draft pick and, for that reason, I think I have to lean towards hoping the Lions win and the Demons don't make it to the prelims. Could enable us to draft the KPD we need with that pick e.g. someone like Busslinger.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Looking ahead to tomorrow night's blockbuster Lions v Demons, I'm a bit torn about who I want to win. I don't mind either club. I possibly prefer the match up for us to play the Demons in week 1 of the finals, which is likely what will happen if we both win (hopefully hosted by us). However, I also have in mind that we have Melbourne's first round draft pick and, for that reason, I think I have to lean towards hoping the Lions win and the Demons don't make it to the prelims. Could enable us to draft the KPD we need with that pick e.g. someone like Busslinger.
    I'm in purely selfish mode when it comes to the top 2 now. A (small) Brisbane win is better for us given they are about 4 points behind us on percentage.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Also an excellent point. Go Lions!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I'm in purely selfish mode when it comes to the top 2 now. A (small) Brisbane win is better for us given they are about 4 points behind us on percentage.
    Top 2 is definitely top priority and agree it's beneficial for that reason. Also positive because we have Melbourne's first rounder.

I do think we're a better chance to beat Melbourne in the qualifying final than Brisbane. Our loss to Brisbane was probably the most convincing loss all year, and we obviously beat Melbourne. Brisbane's forward line will cause us difficulties; Melbourne's won't.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    In that case he’s probably appointed himself coach of GWS and North Melbourne as well ... maybe even Port?
    Haha 😄.

I'll be glad when this whole Clarko, North, Essendon saga is over.

Haha!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Ha. As an administrator of this site, are you sure he didn’t delegate himself to shadow Danzar and was he involved in the suspension of The Bloods and Bangalore Swans too?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast