Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sydney vs Collingwood Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    It was on Craig McRae and Pendlebury and Sidebottom to prevent what is happening to Ginnivan now. They knew what he was doing long ago and knowing how the media highlights players who milk the rules and the eventual crowd backlash they should have stopped it long time ago. But they chose to applaud him and reward him.
    He seems like a good player except for this issue which he and the club should stamp out of him. And if someone tells me that he is not doing it, are fooling themselves. He knows what he does and he is not the only one. And I think he has mended his way over last few weeks but hopefully he shows his skills which I think he has plenty of to save himself.
    Yes, because Collingwood has neglected to get him to pull his head in, we now have a few Collingwood identities, lecturing us and taking the high moral ground on the issue of crowd behaviour. Which I find both ironic and galling.

I must say I don't think a few staged head highs by the smalls in the comp are that big a deal.

In comparison to all the other crazy ways players on the field aim to gain an advantage grappling holding blocking every two seconds of the game.

Those situations happen a bazillion times a game and some lead direct to 6pts vs the odd staged head high.

I mean being shorter myself playing AFL the amount of hits to the head you receive that are not paid vs what are paid is so out of proportion........ it is completely insane that this is never talked about!!!!!

We’re there any coaches votes this week? Or do they keep them secret so the winner is a surprise?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We’re there any coaches votes this week? Or do they keep them secret so the winner is a surprise?
    They keep them undisclosed for the last couple of rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Ben Rutten refuses to submit his votes. Says he's too busy planning for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I sit in the O'Reilly Stand, so directly opposite the Members and Ladies stands. It was pretty spectacular on Sunday, but we regularly get a treat on clear twilight games (including early season night games).
    What’s the post-goal music volume like over there, Liz? It was ear-splitting in the Brewongle on Sunday, so we’re looking to change seats next season.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    What’s the post-goal music volume like over there, Liz? It was ear-splitting in the Brewongle on Sunday, so we’re looking to change seats next season.

It's definitely a bit quieter over here. I seem to always land up in the Brewongle for SCG finals games (where you rarely get to choose your seat/area of the ground) and it is noticeably louder over there.

The gradient of the O'Reilly Stand is also shallower, and there is more leg room.

On the down side, you do get the late afternoon sun glaring in your eyes (for relevantly timed matches) - but also get to see the sunsets over the Members.

- - - Updated - - -

Photo a little grainy due to download requirements but that sunset gave the evening an amazing atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post

The post goal music is so frustrating. Absolutely not needed.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Photo a little grainy due to download requirements but that sunset gave the evening an amazing atmosphere
    Great pic, made even more special when you know it's a photo of a Swans win over Collingwood. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's definitely a bit quieter over here. I seem to always land up in the Brewongle for SCG finals games (where you rarely get to choose your seat/area of the ground) and it is noticeably louder over there.

The gradient of the O'Reilly Stand is also shallower, and there is more leg room.

On the down side, you do get the late afternoon sun glaring in your eyes (for relevantly timed matches) - but also get to see the sunsets over the Members.
    Thanks for the advice.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Great pic, made even more special when you know it's a photo of a Swans win over Collingwood. Thanks for posting!
    +1.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk