Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 23, vs St Kilda at Marvel, on Sunday 14 August, 2:40 PM

Senior Player

Rnd 23, vs St Kilda at Marvel, on Sunday 14 August, 2:40 PM

Who would have thought at the beginning of this season, or even halfway through, that we would be playing for 2nd spot in the final match of the regular season? Not me!

If we beat St Kilda, we are guaranteed 3rd place. Second will depend on percentage. For example, Melbourne could gain more than 0.6 percentage points with a big win over Brisbane, and/or we could lose percentage if we have a high scoring low margin win vs the Saints (e.g, 100-90). Best result for us is if Brisbane win as they are a few percentage points behind, and then we can take second spot with a wider range of winning scores.

But if we have a huge win, it won't matter at all what Brisbane or Melbourne do before us!

As for the team selection, hard to change a winning team that has been on a six game winning streak. Clarke butchered the ball and caused turnovers, but strongly reduced Daicos' influence.

Reid was ferocious in the first half even though he didn't impact the scoreboard. McDonald was strong apart from his set shot at goal (I think they showed stats of 7.13 set shot accuracy for him this season?).

I think it will be no changes, except who they might put in as medical sub.

I'd be quite happy with no changes.
    And off on a tangent, one obscure stat that I'd like to know, is Paddy McCartin's record for the most number of marks that he took in a game, when playing for St Kilda. I mean, I'd find it mildly amusing, if he could break that record, when St Kilda are trying to kick the ball away from him.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'd be quite happy with no changes.
    And off on a tangent, one obscure stat that I'd like to know, is Paddy McCartin's record for the most number of marks that he took in a game, when playing for St Kilda. I mean, I'd find it mildly amusing, if he could break that record, when St Kilda are trying to kick the ball away from him.
    lol, no, Paddy took a career high 14 marks against the Bulldogs earlier this year. He still has a couple of career high stats from his Saints days but they are for Goals Scored, Inside 50's and Hitouts.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...paddy-mccartin

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Yes, who would have thought we'd be playing for second? After losing to Essendon, I had us missing the 8 altogether! So happy to be proven wrong!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Yes, who would have thought we'd be playing for second? After losing to Essendon, I had us missing the 8 altogether! So happy to be proven wrong!!
    Do not mention that Essendon game, what a quagmire that club has become since then. Accuracy out of their ar** that day as well as us being poor.

Senior Player
    Without wanting to be negat, I just hope there isn't a psychological let down like there was after Buddy's 1000th. We are perfectly capable of losing this one on past form.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Without wanting to be negat, I just hope there isn't a psychological let down like there was after Buddy's 1000th. We are perfectly capable of losing this one on past form.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    That’s why Horse went straight to a focus on beating The Saints and cut the euphoria short on beating the Pies.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    ... McDonald was strong apart from his set shot at goal (I think they showed stats of 7.13 set shot accuracy for him this season?).

Which is interesting as my perception is that he is a good kick for goal. Maybe it is those longer range shots where he runs a bit of an arc and then ends up kicking it wide?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    That’s why Horse went straight to a focus on beating The Saints and cut the euphoria short on beating the Pies.
    I am finding it hard to get too excited until we've beaten St Kilda.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Which is interesting as my perception is that he is a good kick for goal. Maybe it is those longer range shots where he runs a bit of an arc and then ends up kicking it wide?
    He missed from 30m pretty much straight in front on Sunday, so it’s likely in his head. His basic technique is actually very good.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I think we are a little too hard on Clarke, his role is to negate. Nearly every possession he gets he has one or two opponents hanging off his shorts, rarely does he get time & space. When you think about Warner, McInerny & Stephens they all get the opportunity to run in open space. You don't see Clarke get that luxury too often.

I'm not saying he is perfect, but is a part of a perfect team, he is always were the heat is.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm loving the work of Fox too

No changes for me

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast