Page 126 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,512 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

I am not sure we can actually get another club to pay Papley's salary while he is still on our list.

I think we would need to trade Papley to another club if we wanted to get his salary off our books. And then give them a draft pick as well to encourage them to sign him.

I think the AFL's acceptance of "salary dumping" means they are now happy to approve 1 sided traded deals. Rather than letting clubs have a larger salary cap by trading picks to another club.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I am not sure we can actually get another club to pay Papley's salary while he is still on our list.

I think we would need to trade Papley to another club if we wanted to get his salary off our books. And then give them a draft pick as well to encourage them to sign him.

I think the AFL's acceptance of "salary dumping" means they are now happy to approve 1 sided traded deals. Rather than letting clubs have a larger salary cap by trading picks to another club.
    Papps was pretty non-commital about his contract situation when asked about it recently on TV, but hopefully something will be negotiated over the long break.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Papps was pretty non-commital about his contract situation when asked about it recently on TV, but hopefully something will be negotiated over the long break.
    Fingers crossed we can keep him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I read an article, which I’ve been trying to find since, without success. In the article Paps said he was putting off his new contract to the end of next season.

Cox was wonderful, and I don't doubt he has been working with McLean over these past months

Veterans List
    For those that thought we should have been into former pick 13 from the 2017 draft Jarrod Brander 12 months ago, he's been delisted by GWS today.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I'd be pretty peeved if Papley left, we appear to have done pretty much everything to keep him happy - even employing Colis in the VFL as a stable pony.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I read an article, which I’ve been trying to find since, without success. In the article Paps said he was putting off his new contract to the end of next season.
    Unless you read a different piece to me, I think he said he planned to wait to the end of this year before starting talks, not end of next season.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Cox was wonderful, and I don't doubt he has been working with McLean over these past months
    There's no positive correlation between someones playing ability and their coaching ability. Often times the best coaches are players that really had to work hard for any success they achieved, and specifically to think more about their game than more gifted contemporaries.
    In the case of ruckmen, is Cox best suited to advise an undersized ruckman like McLean - a bit like me offering advice on playing the piano accordion.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Unless you read a different piece to me, I think he said he planned to wait to the end of this year before starting talks, not end of next season.
    That’s why I’ve been trying to find the article!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    a bit like me offering advice on playing the piano accordion.
    I'm interested. How much do you charge for lessons?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Your recollection is the more accurate.