Thread: Promotion and relegation

Promotion and relegation

Hearing there will be changes to men's and women's premier division.

SWS going up to men's prems.

Mac uni and Southern Power being dropped from women's prems, Parramatta and St George going up.

Anyone got news on this????

Southern Power won’t be dropping down from Women’s Prems.

Is there intention to have Womens/Mens prems competition aligned completely giving the big club day feels of old?

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    Is there intention to have Womens/Mens prems competition aligned completely giving the big club day feels of old?
    That has been there intention for about 5 years

On the wish list would be for clubs within premier division to have the their 3rds play no lower than division 2. Would assist in preventing situations where Prems Reserves players could play 3 grades lower on a particular weekend or vice versa. It will enforce clubs to ensure their 3rds is at a certain standard and able to move up ressies when required

They have been trying to make div 1 the thirds for a few years now and apparently next year is the year.

Bit tough on Magic to lose a prelim by a point and then demote them. I dunno how ECE and St George will go if they lose to UNSW 4ths playing against their thirds. Wests forfeited 5/15 games in div 2, can't see how they would go much better in div 1. And I guess Manly will be fine jumping from 3 to 1 with the quality they have in their finals team.

There would be more chance of Magic moving back up to Platinum. I think it’s inevitable that at least 1 Platinum club will drop down to Divisional competition.

Personally platinum won’t exist anymore was pitched originally aspirational clubs but reality none of the clubs are capable of competing at PD level.
    Let’s go back to 1-5 divisions with promotion relegation to Div 1 level and then only then after Div 1 mens and womens could or should a club be in a position to field let alone compete be able to present a case for a PD license.
    A PD license is as a minimum to include Mens/womens Premier, PDR and 19 Div 1 boys and girls! If you cannot sustain competition at these levels and show this you should not hold PD licence.
    All clubs can nominate and compete in divisions 1-5 and then this competition will sort out who should, could and will be meeting minimum standard for PD licence.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out, two womens PD clubs have no hope competing mens, two under 19s Div 1 PD same, let alone competition balance issues at PD level.

I’m not really sure why a Platinum club would want to move up to Premier Division. In Platinum they can be competitive on the field and win a premiership or 2 every few years which helps create a really enjoyable environment for players and supporters.

If they move to Premier Div they will regularly cop 100+ points defeats which only negatively impacts player and club morale, and reduces player retention.

For any Platinum club to make the transition to Prems would require a big bucket of money to buy in players and coaches to be competitive in the short term and then have good junior clubs feeding players in to them to be competitive in the longer term. On top of that it would require a group of capable and committed administrators to stick around and keep the club and playing group together thru the tough times, all whilst building a positive club culture.
    It is doable but would require all the above ingredients to work.

So for any Platinum club without the above I’d say stay in Platinum and enjoy the success that your club achieves there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://newstimesuk.com/2022/10/18/h...ville-toilets/

Not relevant to this topic but I see the "Jewel in the Crown" of Sydney AFL (The outdated and past it's use by date Henson Park) has made National headlines... seriously IMO the worst dressing rooms in Sydney footy (ok maybe Weldon is close)... time head office spent some money on infrastructure me thinks or better organising of Blacktown facility to ensure it's available for the finals... hopefully after this embarrassing article something might get done.

Quote Originally Posted by exitthesandman View Post
    https://newstimesuk.com/2022/10/18/h...ville-toilets/

Not relevant to this topic but I see the "Jewel in the Crown" of Sydney AFL (The outdated and past it's use by date Henson Park) has made National headlines... seriously IMO the worst dressing rooms in Sydney footy (ok maybe Weldon is close)... time head office spent some money on infrastructure me thinks or better organising of Blacktown facility to ensure it's available for the finals... hopefully after this embarrassing article something might get done.
    Love going to Henson - atmos, plane spotting, and good playing surface. I hope the changeroom issues can be sorted now that Henson has an increased profile for AFL....otherwise we might be condemned to BISP forever.