Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 AFL National Draft and Rookie Draft 28 & 29 November 2022

Regular in the Side
    how do u get rookieme central. i thought that i had completed the application for mship a couple of weeks ago. cant get a phantom draft on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    how do u get rookieme central. i thought that i had completed the application for mship a couple of weeks ago. cant get a phantom draft on the site.
    Try this link: Rookie Me Central's 2022 Mock AFL Draft - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be happy with most options in the draft, I'm just eager to know who they'll be. I place my faith in our recruiters to choose well. I think between KB and Dalrymple (together with Chris Keane and Ross Monaghan) combined we have the best in the business. There are a few that will excite me and a couple that I'll be mildly disappointed but mostly I'm just going to be excited to see who we get and what they do next!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Simon Dalrymple confirms Swans interest in Weddle and Barnett!

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Cowan and George are also “firmly in the frame” whatever that means?

Regular in the Side
    thanks for the link,pity it did not go to our third pick Does anyone know if Twomey does a phantom if so when or does he rely on his draft positions.

Think it’ll come out Sunday night / Monday morning

Jed Hagan - Pick 42 (or whatever that number ends up being). Lock it in.

too short AB

only 175cms

lol just jokes
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    too short AB

only 175cms

lol just jokes
    😂. Yes. It would be much better if we picked a worse player who was taller. 😉

I see a lot of upside for the Swans if we pick George. A year out recovering with his ACL and living around the club and boys as well as embracing the spirit of the Bloods will be a godsend for this very talented young budding superstar who some pundits believe could have been in the top 5-10 this draft. Could slot into our forward line post Buddy alongside McDonald. Kicked 15 goals in first 5 games this year before doing his ACL. Worth a gamble as has plenty of talent and upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    tell me more re McAndrew?

How many games had you watched him play?
    How many practice games and or training?

focussed on him primarily?

I must say from the limited training and or games i see a kid with a lot of potential.........2024/25

raw, intense defence, covers the ground really well.

now crafting his ruck play
    What I saw, were glympses of rare talent. But only glimpses. He spent the majority of the time warming the bench. Laidler seemed obsessed with playing Sinclair, who we knew would retire at the end of the season. When he did get game time he was good in the ruck. But still skinny yet. Needs to fill out.

He dad a couple of things I have not seen from too many rucks. He grabbed a ball as it bounced in one match, dodged and kicked a beautiful around the corner goal. In another, he made a feint about 10 metres out, bamboozling the oppinent, and kicked an easy goal. There is definite talent there. He just needs to get game time to be able to get his hands on the pill more often.

I think there is hope there. With a coach that really will develop him I think he could flourish. The players love him. He seems very popular with the reserves players. They call him Stretch I think

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Nothing surer that we'll end up trading back into the draft on draft night and disappoint us keen draft watchers that have a few favourites we are hoping we'll pick with our two top 20 picks...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Simon Dalrymple confirms Swans interest in Weddle and Barnett!

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Cowan and George are also “firmly in the frame” whatever that means?
    Thanks for sharing the link, MW. Definitely informative for us to know the Swans' thinking although I am not sure why he is being so publicly frank? Trading down is an interesting strategy. I assume it means giving up something to acquire a pick in the 2023 draft, or going forward on one pick in 2022 and down on the other?