Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawthorn racism review

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Hawthorn racism review

Looks like Norf have signed up a real beauty in Clarko. If any of this is true, the guy should be blackballed from the game.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-...view/101452320
    Last edited by Meg; 21st September 2022 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Please use correct procedure to post web links..
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    By the way, let's also remember: Kennett gets a lot of focus (and fairly so in some cases), but the Hawks President during much of this was Andrew Newbold. He was one of those who ferociously argued against racism being involved in the booing of Goodes, including when Sydney raised it with him after a game and when some of his own Indigenous players raised it. He now sits on the AFL Commission.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    By the way, let's also remember: Kennett gets a lot of focus (and fairly so in some cases), but the Hawks President during much of this was Andrew Newbold. He was one of those who ferociously argued against racism being involved in the booing of Goodes, including when Sydney raised it with him after a game and when some of his own Indigenous players raised it. He now sits on the AFL Commission.
    Spot on. Newbold has to go from the AFL commission before any progress of this is made. The AFL shouldnt even be entertaining 'welcoming' Adam Goodes back until it cleans out its own house first.

Looks like Norf have signed up a real beauty in Clarko. If any of this is true, the guy should be blackballed from the game.

wow!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    wow!
    Exactly, Barry.
    I would be surprised if either coach is still in his position by the weekend.

Yes, if the allegations are based in fact, the Hawthorn hierarchy seem to have had an attitude, that's hardly moved on from, 'you're on my plantation, you do what I say'.

And you'd think that at the very least, there's now going to be a huge amount of attempted blame shifting. Hawthorn possibly trying to blame people no longer at the club: Clarkson and Fagan. While those no longer at the club, will likely be trying to claim that it was a cultural thing at Hawthorn, that they weren't able to change, even though they tried. Or possibly all of the above, attempting to blame a development manager gone rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Exactly, Barry.
    My first thought was how will Gill try and suppress and downplay this.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Exactly, Barry.
    Yes, if the claims are found to be accurate, you get the feeling that North signing Clarkson, will not be the coup that they thought it was.
    Last edited by dejavoodoo44; 21st September 2022 at 11:56 AM.

Wow! Wow! Wow! This has got to be borderline criminal behaviour, at the very least.
    Newbold needs to resign from the AFL. No wonder they were so incapable of calling out the appalling racism Adam Goodes was subjected to.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Spot on. Newbold has to go from the AFL commission before any progress of this is made. The AFL shouldnt even be entertaining 'welcoming' Adam Goodes back until it cleans out its own house first.
    He should never have been appointed in the first place.

But it reinforces the need for the investigation to be run truly independent of the AFL, not via the Integrity Unit.

Rioli took leave from hawthorn during his prime football years. Not saying he was the one from that story, but he had enough reason from whatever treatment he received to walk away too.

Systemic.

Senior Player
    This is what "Win At All Costs" can entail and look like. Hawthorn are probably not the first club to do stuff like this.
    Y'know, it's just a game. A few million people in Australia (including us) get all worked up about it. But the other 99.9%
    of the people of the planet don't even know it exists, let alone give a @@@@ about it.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast