Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread. THE GRAND FINAL!!! Swans v Cats.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    For what it’s worth, my best mate is a Cats fan and even he just messaged me: “side property deals were the winners today”.
    Hmm. Always a side thought… I did wonder how they could afford JC & how TH is supposedly paid a pittance. Stengle, however, was a masterstroke - what a player!!

We will never get to the bottom of the sal cap shenanigans down there.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Feel free to mute me, but this made me feel better https://twitter.com/AFL/status/15736...9BzvuuEQw&s=19
    Fantastic!!!!! Congrats to Selwood for doing this. Appreciate that gesture

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I went and had tea for a break from the pessimists and just came back.....to what? FFS....the negative 'toys out of the cot' delusion continues. Seriously, get a grip.
    Let people vent

Tough game, we never showed up ! Hopefully we take a lot away from this and as Horse said nothing g today was indicative of how we have played all season. Let reflect, regroup and focus on next season

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yep, the smashed midfield that got us into a GF. A few tweaks and natural growth may be all it takes to get them to an unsmashable level. Cool your jets....
    It's not as if this hasn't been talked about all year on here.Its the number 1 problem.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I was down on the fence not far from where this incident happened. He kicked it. He kicked it effin 20 metres. I lost my mind at this point. Of course we would have lost anyway but the moment this happened I knew we were 100% screwed.
    Me too.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Funny - I had the same reaction a little earlier I think where Parker got done for htb when he had actually pushed the ball out from under him and people were trying to pull it from the ground. Given that we could neither get it, nor use it it felt a bit much that we were penalised when we touched it
    Yes , an utterly laughable decision.

Later it became clear that there a lot of late hits aimed at softening us up that we're not penalised. These would gave been payed every time during the year.

It doesn't explain the capitulation but if there is a confidence issue it can have a significant impact on the side.

Senior Player
    Don't agree with those who say we won't recover from this.I have no doubt we will have a better side next year, which is more than I can say for Geelong, who are going to be moving into the geriatric category.I think they knew that this year was their only hope. Not so the Swans.

Senior Player
    Despite all the doom and gloom, we finished better than 16 other teams this year.Much better than we had a fight to expect I think.

We only have to improve by 1 next year.

Go Bloods!

Think the players will be hurting worst knowing what transpired yesterday .A very young group apart from Luke, Buddy and Dane - they can bounce back from this - keep the faith.

Senior Player
    Mrs Tigers reminded me of what Michael O'Loughlin said after the 1996 GF. He wasn't that cut about it at the time,
    because he thought the next GF he'd be in would be very soon and they'd win. He didn't realise how hard GFs are to
    get into and it would take him nine years. Point is the younger players will move on from yesterday fairly quickly.
    And the coaches will impress upon them that the experience is just part of their development of a player and they'll
    learn a lot from it, and it will help them going forward. And they'll believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I’m considering the same thing. There are many spoilt brats on this site unfortunately.
    So now you're a brat if you expect your team to show up and you know show some ticker.