Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: 2023 Preseason

Quite a good article on the 'can the Swans rebound after the grand final thrashing' question.

Can Swans rebound from grand final humiliation to make AFL history? | AFL | The Guardian

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks dj44 - a good read indeed.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I'm immensely looking forward to Saturday night.

Partly because it's my birthday, and as a treat, wifey and I are heading an hour up the road from where we live these days to make a weekend of it and watch the boys, which I rarely get to do these days.

And partly because I think the Suns will be a good test. Not only do they have a good record against us, but their prime young talent is maturing on a timeline not dissimilar to ours. Anderson I have raved about on here, Rowell will get back to his best, I think Hollands could be anything, Davies will be an excellent player and there are suggestions Flanders is getting it together. Add that to Miller, and one of the comp's best rucks in Witts, and it's a formidable midfield. They have some solid tall defenders, and real talent down forward with King back. Plus watch Joel Jeffrey as (and I know this is sacrilege to say on here) but he moves a bit like the great Micky O.

It's just one game and all that; but we will need to be up and about.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940